House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Super Yachts

Just watched a BBC program on sin seeker super yachts.

The just being...the rich ain't buying so they are chasing the super rich cash...and it seems that just dandy.

The last minute I'd so showed the line n sales office with a comment along the lines...people are making their money on property and now buying yachts.

Talk about crass, onsensistibe, ramming it down the poor's throat.

The alone this obscene pretence that the super rich are just great ends the better.

Totally disgusting....tho fair play to the company for building actual stuff... Will move to Chiba soon enough

The superyacht business is on it's knee's.

Big in Bournemouth apparently, laid off loads of workers even got the workers to take part in a promo video dancing on scaffolding to the Queen anthem "we will rock you"

Ref: Sunseeker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2903224/Disgruntled-staff-superyacht-firm-told-smile-fun-flash-mob-promotional-video.html

Dance for your mortgage!

Edited by workingpoor

I think I read that there had been a massive rise fires on super yachts.

You could easily put two and two together and assume they were being burnt for the insurance. However the article went on to explain that it appeared to be down to poor maintenance.

What struck me was that the owners had now shifted demographic and were now more like to maintain to a price rather than a quality. Years ago I knew a skipper of these super yacht and all the staff had to have certified qualifications etc, it would appear that cut costs that isn't the cases.

It must be a very cyclical industry with very high skills needed for a period followed by years of in activity.