House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

council dweller

Frenchman Says If You Want To Drive A French Car After Brexit....

French cars are often subsidised, by their Government to make them cheaper. Otherwise, nobody in their right mind would want one. :blink: I'd rather have a British Nissan, for very many reasons.

Yes, Toyota are pretty reliable too....they did have a problem with one model though....but then again it was made in France.

Macron was the name of the politico .

I've not considered owning a French car because of their general fragileness.

So no loss there.

No I've never had a French car. Maybe I would consider a Citroen DS Prestige, not made for a while now. :blink:

Yes, Toyota are pretty reliable too....they did have a problem with one model though....but then again it was made in France.

They built many Yaris's in France. They were shit. The Japan built ones were better.

Cracking diesel engines but the rest is fragile and a electronic basketcase

Yes the Diesel engines were good.

They built many Yaris's in France. They were shit. The Japan built ones were better.

Not up to Toyota quality. Same with the Aygo.

One burnt, never again. I had a Renault 19 that was around 3 years old. Cracked head gasket in 18 months.

I'm sure they've come on leaps and bounds nowadays, but I only bought Japanese after that.

One burnt, never again. I had a Renault 19 that was around 3 years old. Cracked head gasket in 18 months.

I'm sure they've come on leaps and bounds nowadays, but I only bought Japanese after that.

You are patriotic like I am, Honorable Thom Bleached San! Most Japanese cars are very little trouble.

Did I mention my 23 year old Nissan Serena ?

You are Pinworthy, as a man of thrift, as is usual on HPC, as my Lexus is indeed now 23 years old. I don't want to change it just yet, as it still works fine.

You are Pinworthy, as a man of thrift, as is usual on HPC, as my Lexus is indeed now 23 years old. I don't want to change it just yet, as it still works fine.

LS's are truly things of beauty. I still see heaps of MK1's around. Can't say I've seen many MK1 S class or 7 series though.

Just got myself a MK3 IS300h, my last IS got to 160K miles and had absolutely nothing wrong with it but I fancied a change.

My wife's '03 corolla is still bulletproof an all. On around 110K miles. Should go for another 100K miles easily.

Meanwhile my Berlingo rolled over 150,000 miles recently and has never let me down since I got it on 107,000. It had had a fairly hard life when I got it too.

Please keep slating French motors as it keeps the prices down.

Meanwhile my Berlingo rolled over 150,000 miles recently and has never let me down since I got it on 107,000. It had had a fairly hard life when I got it too.

Please keep slating French motors as it keeps the prices down.

They generally have low resale value and I would consider a Citroen C6.

But they look unreasonably expensive for a used French car

I can trump that. My Landcruiser is 26 years old. It passes it's MOT every year at minimal cost. ?

I can trump that. My Landcruiser is 26 years old. It passes it's MOT every year at minimal cost.

There's always one isn't there? :huh: Next we are going to hear of someone with a 150 year old horse.

There's always one isn't there? :huh: Next we are going to hear of someone with a 150 year old horse.

I have a 150 year.. oh sorry.

I've not heard CD's OP anywhere else yet.

The point is would you be prepared to pay extra to drive an EU made car rather than one made in another non EU country ?

This seems like a vote for Brexit to me. French car lovers will pay the extra whereas others won`t.

(this is what we want from the BBC.....set top boxes (BBC) or not (ITV)