House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Suggestions For Renaming Shirescrashing Twitter Account

A bit of fun for a friday.

I've managed to build up a bit of a following on twitter ( 600 ).

The account started as posts of falls in the shires last sure but it's quickly become a voice for the unfairness cause by house prices.

My goal is to get it to about 1000 followers then relaunch the "offer 3x your salary campaign."

I think we have to rename the account now to something more generic so I'm asking for suggestions/votes for your favorite.

So far:

housepriceinsanity

and

MegaBubble

Answers on a post card if you please.

The best will be rewarded with free mortgage advice ( i.e. avoid getting one ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Nothing insane about wanting an average earner to be able to buy an average house suitable for raising a family without resorting to insane mortgages, dual incomes and working themselves to the point others raise their children for them.

Is housepriceinsanity right? That could suggest that you are spouting insane comments about housing.

housepriceinsanity gets my vote, clear, to the point, and above all accurate - I think you'll be in the minority with that interpretation, especially with the sort of content which will be tweeted!

Why you can't afford one @houseprices

My vote would go to this one, I know its more of a sentence rather than just a snappy one word title, but I think the majority of the population do need to realise and be educated that there are very specific causes of HPI and it isn't simply down to "supply and demand" or "house prices always go up innit"

Why You Can't Afford One would draw them in and get them questioning the HPI propaganda that they're constantly force fed by the MSM.

I'd go with something that might attract the interest of the millions of priced out who know something is "a bit wrong", but have not yet joined the dots as to why. There's no sense appealing to the already converted, and remember that the vast majority of young people just listen to what their parents tell them and believe it, 'cos your parents are always right, innit?

So on that basis out of the suggestions so far I think "Why you can't afford one" is the most on the right lines. If nothing else it has the promise of giving you good reasons why you're a rent forever loser, instead of just believing it's your own fault for buying an iPod in 2002.

My vote would go to this one, I know its more of a sentence rather than just a snappy one word title, but I think the majority of the population do need to realise and be educated that there are very specific causes of HPI and it isn't simply down to "supply and demand" or "house prices always go up innit"

Why You Can't Afford One would draw them in and get them questioning the HPI propaganda that they're constantly force fed by the MSM.

^ and what he said :)