House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Eating Healthy Kills You

Who would have thunk it?

Yet the fuller accounting of the Minnesota data indicates that the advice is, at best, unsupported, in fact, it appears to show just the opposite: Patients who lowered their cholesterol, presumably because of the special diet, actually suffered more heart-related deaths than those who did not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/12/this-study-40-years-ago-could-have-reshaped-the-american-diet-but-it-was-never-fully-published/?wpisrc=nl_draw2

Not quite. The cows do the farting for the meat eaters... :P

http://gizmodo.com/do-cow-farts-actually-contribute-to-global-warming-1562144730

save the earth dairy farmers, fit your cow with an @rse-piped collostomy bag.

don't just milk it for dairy produce and meat, milk it for it's fermented byproducts too!!

(RE that patent thread....if you see these, it's MY idea!!!!!!).

public domain!....don't want the money, just the credit!

save the earth dairy farmers, fit your cow with an @rse-piped collostomy bag.

don't just milk it for dairy produce and meat, milk it for it's fermented byproducts too!!

(RE that patent thread....if you see these, it's MY idea!!!!!!)

Prior art: :P

http://www.fastcoexist.com/3028933/these-backpacks-for-cows-collect-their-fart-gas-and-store-it-for-energy

Who would have thunk it?

Yet the fuller accounting of the Minnesota data indicates that the advice is, at best, unsupported, in fact, it appears to show just the opposite: Patients who lowered their cholesterol, presumably because of the special diet, actually suffered more heart-related deaths than those who did not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/12/this-study-40-years-ago-could-have-reshaped-the-american-diet-but-it-was-never-fully-published/?wpisrc=nl_draw2

Just as I suspected. I eat as much processed food as I can, they're full of preservatives, as you age you need all the preservatives you can get.

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again......

Lard, lard and more lard.

Well we prefer butter, butter and more butter - at least on our bread - up here at chez XYY.

Me and our lass can easily shift half-a-kilo of Lurpak a fortnight - but I still enjoy the odd dip in a pan of beef-dripping with a generous sprinkling of salt every once-in-a-while.

And for fried-bread - I agree that there is simply no substitute for lard. And the same is true for decent chips.

I'd rather spread Swarfega on my Mother's Pride than any margarine or olive-oil based shite that you see advertised on the telly...yeeeeuuuccchhhh!!!

XYY

My pet hate is palm oil in everything, they use it because it is super cheap. Its in most cakes, cereal bars, biscuits and even chocolate which explained why that mars easter someone gave me at easter had a slimy texture and glossy appearance, two bites and it was in the bin. I blame the large corporates who purchased all our traditional purveyors of confectionary and baked goods in their quest for ever increasing profits.

Well we prefer butter, butter and more butter - at least on our bread - up here at chez XYY.

Me and our lass can easily shift half-a-kilo of Lurpak a fortnight - but I still enjoy the odd dip in a pan of beef-dripping with a generous sprinkling of salt every once-in-a-while.

And for fried-bread - I agree that there is simply no substitute for lard. And the same is true for decent chips.

I'd rather spread Swarfega on my Mother's Pride than any margarine or olive-oil based shite that you see advertised on the telly...yeeeeuuuccchhhh!!!

XYY

Why stop at that, ditch the Mother's Pride and get some real bread.

Why stop at that, ditch the Mother's Pride and get some real bread.

I was of course speaking in the voice of the larger-than-life character I post as on this forum, and obviously I wouldn't dream of eating Mother's Pride in a million years.

Not when I can get a sliced white Warburton's for a quid at ASDA...

;)

XYY

My pet hate is palm oil in everything, they use it because it is super cheap. Its in most cakes, cereal bars, biscuits and even chocolate which explained why that mars easter someone gave me at easter had a slimy texture and glossy appearance, two bites and it was in the bin. I blame the large corporates who purchased all our traditional purveyors of confectionary and baked goods in their quest for ever increasing profits.

Peanut butter is riddled with it too.

Said to cause weight gain.

Which matters not a jot to a few million stoners using it as a main ingredient when baking a few "fire-crackers"...

;)

XYY

Thread title a bit misleading !!

Yes, it surely should be "healthily".

Although I read recently that long term vegetarianism across generations triggers a negative change in the body. Something to do with the natural chemicals plants have to avoid being eaten.

Said to cause weight gain.

Peanut butter is 95% peanuts!

It does list palm oil and salt so it may be 4% "riddled" with it.

The peanuts are perfectly capable of causing the weight gain.

Yes, it surely should be "healthily".

Although I read recently that long term vegetarianism across generations triggers a negative change in the body. Something to do with the natural chemicals plants have to avoid being eaten.

I was more alluding to the fact as to what 'healthy' was in the first place.

Anyway I suppose the title relates to what is perceived to be healthy rather than what actually is.

I shall shut up. :)

Peanut butter is 95% peanuts!

It does list palm oil and salt so it may be 4% "riddled" with it.

The peanuts are perfectly capable of causing the weight gain.

Must get some, it's supposed to be good for baiting mousetraps.

Bolleaux to "expert's diet advice. They keep changing their minds. Eggs and milk, and lard were fine when I were a lad. No we have a lot of "very processed health food" like sugary smoothies, and pre packaged "light" ready meals.