House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

council dweller

Council Dweller Buys Himself A New Motorcycle.

Should really have put this on the main page !

Well, It`s on order anyway...a Suzuki sv650 in poufter white.

All for £5,500...well, there`s a depression on innit...

Come and ride with me you crazy people !

err thanks Frank, but that`s not the latest model which comes out in a couple of weeks.

The one that`s coming out now is much more advanced and has two plugs per cylinder, instant starting and start assist.

Suzuki seem to be in trouble so I wish them every success.

Thanks very much EE.

I went for a test ride on a Ducati 2 or 3 weeks ago and it was so bad I thought I`d never ride again !

Now thanks to Suzuki I`ve got my mojo back..

My first bike was a 1977 Yamaha 200 with electric start and self cancelling indicators !

No, start assist automatically gives you more revs when starting off.

Luxury is right though.

IC engined bikes are so last century... you should have gotten one of those listed on this page:

http://www.bmf.co.uk/news/show/7-of-the-best-electric-motorcycles

THis one would have been my choice:

energica-ego-side1.jpg

http://www.energicasuperbike.com/energica-ego-electric-superbike/

The green heart of the electric sportbike is a synchronous oil-cooled motor with permanent magnets. It has 100kW (136 hp c.ca) of instantaneous power reaching from 4900 rpm to 10500 rpm and a torque of 195 Nm ranging from 0 rpm to 4700 rpm.

Energica Ego accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds to reach a top speed of 150 mph with a vigorous thrust that does not make you miss the drops in the engine speed by the constant shifting of the classic internal combustion engines – making the electric superbike faster than a 600 supersport.

Is that what Barry Sheene (god rest him) used to splash all over Snarc ?

Btw, I can`t think of a better way to get rid of money. In a couple of years time 5 and a half grand will buy you a can of beans (possibly)

"Purchase approved " ?

Mr Pin.....sorry old man I don't understand your banter.

Pin is the style guru when it comes to big engined old cars and motorbikes and he approves of your purchase.

Is that what Barry Sheene (god rest him) used to splash all over Snarc ?

Btw, I can`t think of a better way to get rid of money. In a couple of years time 5 and a half grand will buy you a can of beans (possibly)

I understand the sentiment but maybe not; inflation remains on the floor. I bought a pricier car than usual in 2010 because inflation was then high and returns on the bit I hold as cash was pathetic so I decided to reduce my cash holding balance.

Another mate has gone from no bike to the full licence and biking holiday in about two years; one can't help but be envious even if there are great good reasons not to do it.

Yes Frank, I know about deflation, I lived in japan from 1989 to 2004.

5,500 represents less than 10% of my savings.

Also I`ve ridden a bike since I was 13.....it really is second nature. I would never start now though...

Yes Frank, I know about deflation, I lived in japan from 1989 to 2004.

5,500 represents less than 10% of my savings.

Also I`ve ridden a bike since I was 13.....it really is second nature. I would never start now though...

Why not, may I ask?

And I ask as somebody who has resisted the lure of a Honda Africa Twin for about twenty years.

I started riding on the road at 17 and had 5 accidents in 6 months. After that I had near misses. Finally I stopped having near misses.

Riding is intuitive, you and the bike ride together. It takes time ...

When I was in hospital (after a stroke) there were 2 other motorcyclists (one an ex TT rider). All 3 of us got it. Bikes are sublime..

By all means buy an Africa twin. Why not ?

Well, as they say....there are old pilots and there are bold pilots...but there are no old bold pilots.

It`s funny but I`ve noticed that there are many members of the middle classes who are scarred shite less of motorcycles and this is passed on for generations.

For working class people it goes like this.....".Dad I`ve just bought a bike."

" Oh,,,have you son.