House Price Crash Forum
OrmeauRoadBuyer

Renovated House In The Ormeau Road Area (Deramore Avenue)

I have been checking daily on Property Pal for houses in the Ormeau Road area of Belfast for over six months. In all that time I had not come across any renovated properties. I just recently found this renovated property and was wondering if it represents good value at £200k. It is currently listed at offers over £185k but I see it reaching £200k and beyond because of the rarity of renovated properties in one of the better locations on the Ormeau Road.

The house is done by the same developer that renovated 58 Ravenhill Avenue, I visited this property six months ago and I thought some of the finish was terrible, very hard to see from the photos when I viewed them on Property Pal at the time. That property went for over £170k I believe, roughly the same size as the property on the Ormeau Road, also 3 bedrooms. I was wondering if it was worth going to a viewing. Having looked back at the property on Ravenhill Avenue it seems the developer has learnt from their mistakes and I hope for a better finish on this property. If you look at the Kitchen they had for the Ravenhill Avenue property here you will see the kitchen on the Deramore Avenue property has included an integrated fridge freeze and actually has a usable island along with better worktops.

Any opinions welcome.

Bit overkill for a house on Deramore Ave.

I can see the target market. Young couple. Used to living in areas mostly populated with renters. I personally wouldn't ant to be wedged between two.

You've nothing to lose going to a viewing. But remember those IKEA kitchens are cheap, and a few stud walls and a reskim doesn't cost that much.

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

Bit overkill for a house on Deramore Ave.

I can see the target market. Young couple. Used to living in areas mostly populated with renters. I personally wouldn't ant to be wedged between two.

You've nothing to lose going to a viewing. But remember those IKEA kitchens are cheap, and a few stud walls and a reskim doesn't cost that much.

Yes your right about the IKEA kitchen, it seems a few other things where done on the cheap as well, like the nailed onto the wall cheap fireplace, you can see the screw fixings! I was wondering if you were to get a lodger in for the master bedroom with en-suite could you expect £350 per month?