House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
undersupply

This Guy Doesn't Read Hpc

Ah ha, the secret of his success...

“I can insist on granite worktops, ceramic tiles in the bathroom, Villeroy & Boch sanitaryware, things like that,” he explains. Doesn’t that do funny things to the price? Apparently not. “When you are buying very early on, these specifications haven’t usually been decided. So you can insist on certain requirements.”

Villeroy & Boch? Is that toilets for posh people or something?

Their website is well out of date on SIPPS as well. Quite a nice website as it goes. The "virtual hotel" idea isn't so bad, but I think there are only so many management consultants out there...

What also strikes me about the "offplan" idea is that you are simply working as the financier, providing finance to the builders on behalf of the bank (at least in this guy's plan, which seems to involve selling a lot of flats onto gullible extended family). Essentially, you take on a lot of risk for the chance to flip some properties.

Hmmm. But what is the market for new build flats should fall away? ;)

Ah ha, the secret of his success...

Now then, your status symbol education is a bit lacking!

Yes posh bogs.

I recommend upmarket homes magazines to rectify your knowledge gap.

:)

Now then, your status symbol education is a bit lacking!

Yes posh bogs.

I recommend upmarket homes magazines to rectify your knowledge gap.

:)

My joke is that our family are nouveau pauvre...

Good find by the way undersupply

Most annoying headline - Rosie Millard meets a landlord with the balls to spend £34.5m

Anybody can spend money, you don't have to have balls!

Its just like that bloody Daily Mail article about those guys who borrowed £9 million and so are suddenly worth £9 million (or however much it was).

Ooh they're so brave, borrowing and spending money like that, I bet soldiers in Iraq aren't even that brave, it takes real balls to spend vast amounts of money on over-priced toilets.

That's the trouble with HPC.co.uk after you've been here a while you start to see the spin everywhere. You can't even read a headline without thinking "how the hell do they get away with saying that!"

I think they are very wise.

Owe the bank £200 000. You have a problem.

Owe the bank £200 000 000 the bank has a problem. Form a PLC and you can continue to draw an overly large sallary from your company right up to the day it folds and you don't suffer any where near the same amount as the guy who has just foolishly morgaged himself to the hilt for his house.

But their shit stinks the same.

I actually think this guy is spot on. He's not focused on the traditional BTL market, he has created a niche that is needed. I know loads of people who work on a project in a city for a month or two at a time and would much rather stay in a place that feels like a home rather than a hotel room (I stay in hotels a lot, and no matter how posh they are, a double bed in front of a TV, a desk and two chairs is not enough). He charges a premium for the service, but is still much cheaper than a stay in a hotel, and makes a profit. He's spread the risk by creating an investment club. His only problem would be if the service sector falters really badly, but even then accountants still need somewhere to stay. I respect this guy, he's not a sheeple, he's a smart businessman.

Most annoying headline - Rosie Millard meets a landlord with the balls to spend £34.5m

Balls but no brains? She likes her men dumb does she?

Its just like that bloody Daily Mail article about those guys who borrowed £9 million and so are suddenly worth £9 million (or however much it was).

Ooh they're so brave, borrowing and spending money like that, I bet soldiers in Iraq aren't even that brave, it takes real balls to spend vast amounts of money on over-priced toilets.

That's the trouble with HPC.co.uk after you've been here a while you start to see the spin everywhere. You can't even read a headline without thinking "how the hell do they get away with saying that!"

The actual trouble with hpc is not that you now look at the headlines and think there's manipulation / propaganda or what you wish to call it but that you know it is.

Read the football new recently. Roy Kean is now at 4 or 5 clubs and the full American might and dedication to capture Osama has been forgotten about.

p.s. did you know we (U.K. Govt.) gave Iraq £540m on an air defence system weeks after he gassed thousands of Kurds.

I presume the papers printed it in bold print at the time.

Edited by crash test dummy

crickey - you never heard of them ?

you must have been brought up on kwik save brand shreddies with powdered milk and tap water.

these are the bog for the more discerning dimpled ass cheek. its a step back from contemporary convenience design and back into a world where taking a big dirty sh1t really maent something. they were the supplier to the white star line and have even managed to survive at 1.5miles deep in the rusting remains of the titanic. on some survey pictures taken from the wreck a urchin crab is seen to take a big pee in the uncracked bowl.

embossed with fine gold leaf, the bowl is at a shape which wont cause 'red-ringing' of the cheeks. the natural chestnut copper heated seat is designed to give the cheeks maximum load support and offers the very best 'butterfly print' avoidance in an independednt survey. the seat can be set to three settings. summer fresh, winter warmth and autumn breeze. also the u-bend is designed to fully protect the cheeks against 'splash-backs' by a passive radar operated acrylic spash screen that opens and closes as you deficate, allowing the stools to pass into the bowl, but not to allow any upshot of water back onto the anus.

each loo comes with an inner robotic arm that comes out pre-flush to clean your ass with a lavender kfc wipe, along with a nice french voice that asks if another pass is required.

Edited by right_freds_dead