House Price Crash Forum

Should The Pig F****r Resign Now

FANG

HOLA441

Whats he done that's illegal?

No-one seemed to care when the Millibands used a deed of variation to avoid tax. What about Ken Livingstone chucking money through a tax avoidance scheme? And that tw@t wants Cameron arrested. FFS.

Margaret Hodges family company? Guardian newspaper and it's parent company's offshore accounts? Unite union paid no tax in 2011-2012?

Anyone who has an ISA has sheltered income from tax. Are they criminals?

Cameron's a tw@t but those calling for him to resign over this are even more so.

Edit: Apparently I cant write tw@t!!

The bigger question is what's he done that he's trying to hide. If this is all above board and no more complicated than an ISA, then why not release the tax returns? Sounds easy enough, but he continues to resist publishing them. Why?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

But (ignoring whether or not Cameron has been avoiding tax) comparing a tax efficient scheme specifically set up to encourage modest saving and investment, with using expensive lawyers to find loopholes in the tax law, seems a bit generous.

So tax avoidance is OK as long as it is not difficult?

We seem to be drifting away from the morality and legality of tax avoidance here, to an strange argument where tax avoidance is OK as long as it is made easy.

Everyone with any sense avoids tax where they can, cost permitting. The problem is with the complexity of tax law, not with Cameron nor anyone who uses ISAs, etc.

I detest politician's attempts to conflate evasion with avoidance. It is a con whereby statists want to squeeze us for every drop of blood. Note that such people tend to be beneficiaries of taxpayer largesse. They are happy to sponge off the investments of people in the private sector (such as private pension funds), and expect the taxpayer to provide for them (such as generous taxpayer-funded pensions).

The state steals enough, and p***es it away on illegal wars and the EU gravy train.

HOLA443
Guest TheBlueCat

The bigger question is what's he done that he's trying to hide. If this is all above board and no more complicated than an ISA, then why not release the tax returns? Sounds easy enough, but he continues to resist publishing them. Why?

He just did (publish them that is) but it's ridiculous that he had to.

HOLA444

This is just the tip of the iceberg and hopefully if the journos dig hard enough the will be able to find what he and his family are hiding.

It has a nasty smell about it and how he is handling this stinks to high heaven.

Hopefully other prominent people will also be looked at and brought to book like the expenses scandal.

Remember austerity is just for the little people

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

It's all legal and open to anybody and everybody.

I avoid tax. Have you never bought anything Duty Free?

These "people" are all law makers and part of the same establishment that used the threat of viloence and imprisonment to enforce ever greater tax collective activities.

If they explicitly go offshore to hide their tax affairs to their advantage away from those self-same laws I think that is a pretty bang on 100% cause for them being relieved of those powers and rmeoved fro those positions of influence.

HOLA449

These "people" are all law makers and part of the same establishment that used the threat of viloence and imprisonment to enforce ever greater tax collective activities.

If they explicitly go offshore to hide their tax affairs to their advantage away from those self-same laws I think that is a pretty bang on 100% cause for them being relieved of those powers and rmeoved fro those positions of influence.

Anybody can do it and if you fully declare it (to the tax man, not to the media) and pay all UK taxes then where is the problem?

I do however have a big issue with the way that the Duchy of Cornwall estate (Prince Charles' private fief) seems to be above tax and environmental laws; why do the press not campaign against that as it actually is class-based inequity?

HOLA4410

Anybody can do it and if you fully declare it (to the tax man, not to the media) and pay all UK taxes then where is the problem?

I do however have a big issue with the way that the Duchy of Cornwall estate (Prince Charles' private fief) seems to be above tax and environmental laws; why do the press not campaign against that as it actually is class-based inequity?

Hopefully now the ball has started rolling all these bastards will implicated as well

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Saw a Tory drone on Weekly Politics drawing the distinction between "normal" tax avoidance and "aggressive" tax avoidance, which Cameron previously had criticised. It's odd that even the political supporters of cameron seem to accept that he has done "something" slightly wrong. So we have:

paying your taxes: just for little people

normal tax avoidance: sensible tax planning for the rich elite

aggressive tax avoidance: immorral behaviour of celebrities who don't realise the elite think they are little people, etc.

tax evasion: illegal, if you get caught.

And his dad's offshore fund still seems to be discussed as if it were specifically set up as a vehicle for his personal wealth, rather than a publicly traded investment fund. Maybe it was. Who knows?

HOLA4415

Most people earning a good amount of money avoid tax, so that will be most people in David Cameron's social circle. Since all his public persona is a lie then privately he sees nothing wrong with tax avoidance or evasion. Also 30,000 pounds is a drop in the ocean to him and all his friends so he probably didn't realise just how big an issue this is to most working class people.

I would say a lot of people on this forum earn pretty good money and a fair amount either avoid tax or know people that do hence this isn't seen as an issue to them.

30k is a lot of money to the 'man on the street'. So yeah this is an issue for the public. HPC posters aren't always 'the voice of reason'. I like to believe that I am though B)

HOLA4416

This seems to be really irking the "my tax money" types aka "hard working families"

i have lost count of the amount of people who have appeared "enraged" by this panama revelation.

It's just a load of nonsense like people didnt know that rich people stash money offshore? FFS

No what this is, is people that elected Cameron & co hoping to bash the "scroungers" whilst keeping their "tax credit take" quiet feel "betrayed"

Now pay your £9,000 per year tuition fees / rent for a lifetime & look foward to paying for private healthcare.

The game is up!

"i need a buytolet, i need a buytolet for the future"

Aside from the SJW mob who are always looking for a chink in Cameron's armor i think i have captured the psyche perfectly.

HOLA4417

i have lost count of the amount of people who have appeared "enraged" by this panama revelation.

It's just a load of nonsense like people didnt know that rich people stash money offshore? FFS

As far as I can see from my peers the people who are most vocal are those who don't really understand the story and are just looking for an excuse to have a poke at government figures because it reinforces their world view that there's some kind of subversive conspiracy among the parlimentary elite which explains their own low achievement record.

The sad thing is this story will only reinforce those beliefs because by the time the truth is revealed the media will already be bored of the whole affair.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

He's lost them ? Its all done online. Sounds like more than likely he has lost his Government Gateway password.What a divot.

If you file online that is.

I've always done mine by post until last year. The Government Gateway ID thing is a faff. They send the login details in separate letters. By the time you've gathered the info and have sat down to start you find the login has expired and you have to apply for a new one. When you get that and finally log in it tells you you're already registered and can't proceed. You phone them but get bored on being on hold. You then go back to doing the by post.

Next year you try again and with dogged persistance you get in only to have to jump through further hoops as your email has changed since last year. You give up and file your return by post. Try again next year.

Finally you file your return online. Next year you either forget your password, your login or both. If you wrote it down you forget where you put the details you wrote down. You file your return by post.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived