House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Global Warming Could Shift North Pole To England, Warn Scientists

Scientists have issued the dramatic warning that the north pole is shifting towards England as melting ice sheets reduce the weight of the earth at the poles. Since 2003, Greenland has lost more than 272 trillion kilograms of ice a year, the West Antarctica 124 trillion kgs of ice and East Antarctica has gained about 74 trillion kgs of ice yearly. The planet risks toppling over onto its side much like a woman who has liposuction on her butt and has breast implants.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/apr/09/melting-ice-sheets-changing-the-way-the-earth-wobbles-on-its-axis-says-nasa

Oh dear. Those cute Polar bears won't last long in Middlesbrough...

XYY

I've been to Middlebrough, the climate is like the freakin' artic already.

I've been to Middlebrough, the climate is like the freakin' artic already.

Indeed. Here in Oldham it can be like the Arctic all year round.

As long as this global wobbling doesn't get Ipswich anywhere near me. :huh:

Look on the bright side. There'll be loads of lonely Eskimo burds to shag while their blurks are away hunting blubber...!

XYY

Look on the bright side. There'll be loads of lonely Eskimo burds to shag while their blurks are away hunting blubber...!

XYY

They will need to visit New Orleans, where I have never seen such a large bottom, crammed into tiny hot pants

As misleading as a trick QI question; even the scientist quoted at the end says that there's nothing to worry about.

If it moves under my house then I can throw away my Satnav.

As misleading as a trick QI question; even the scientist quoted at the end says that there's nothing to worry about.

If it moves under my house then I can throw away my Satnav.

Everywhere you throw it will be South!

Scientists have issued the dramatic warning that the north pole is shifting towards England as melting ice sheets reduce the weight of the earth at the poles. Since 2003, Greenland has lost more than 272 trillion kilograms of ice a year, the West Antarctica 124 trillion kgs of ice and East Antarctica has gained about 74 trillion kgs of ice yearly. The planet risks toppling over onto its side much like a woman who has liposuction on her butt and has breast implants.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/apr/09/melting-ice-sheets-changing-the-way-the-earth-wobbles-on-its-axis-says-nasa

what b0llocks.

everybody knows that the north pole will be over south africa, and england will be quite close to(one of 3) south poles.

that's why the ice is melting, the celestial polarity lines are transitting, and the magnetic shield is coming down!

Scientists have issued the dramatic warning that the north pole is shifting towards England as melting ice sheets reduce the weight of the earth at the poles.

They're trying to pretend it isn't already.

Well I've just checked with Durham council, and apparently you don't need planning-permission for an igloo...

XYY

Your thread title is b*ll*cks. The article of course says nothing of the sort.

Global warming eh? You're all going to freeze! Turn off that heating. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Superb

Never watched it, not sure I'll ever bother now either.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Superb

Never watched it, not sure I'll ever bother now either.

Give it a go. If you're like me you'll enjoy it hugely for about two and a half series and then get increasingly annoyed by the standard plot twist of killing off each character as soon as they become successful.