House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

The Greens - A Party For Grown Ups.

Just seen the party political broadcast for the Greens.

It's really well done. I enjoyed it!

Shame it's the Greens, a party of petty,childish, hypocrites.

We're going to get affordable energy too. Yes.....

T'was a good broadcast. I may vote for them. :ph34r:

I voted for the Greens in last year's GE.

Make sure they remembered to register in the election they are standing in. Forget which authority, but radio said earlier one local green party 'forgot' to register its candidates intending to stand.

Couldnt organize a pss up..

Now that the lib Dems are a burnt out force, maybe they could take some of their votes, as they seem to appeal to the same sort of people (usually quite smug, and not as clever as they think they are)

T'was a good broadcast. I may vote for them. :ph34r:

I voted for the Greens in last year's GE.

The part of open borders and money for nothing?

I am afraid they are the "silly party". Athough I am quite silly myself, I would rather vote for somebody with more sense, if I could find one. ^_^:o

I am afraid they are the "silly party". Athough I am quite silly myself, I would rather vote for somebody with more sense, if I could find one. ^_^:o

SNP?

I know, I'm messing you Pin

Monster Raving Looney Party?! :D Sounds right up your street, Pin. ;)

I was elected to be a delegate to the 1999 NUS conference- by default. I shared a room with a Green that I got chatting to on the coach, and he was a lovely chap. He dragged me to some meetings where everyone sat on the floor despite there being ample chairs available. But TBH the best night we had was the first night, where every delegate from our uni, apart from the Conservatives, ended up on the floor of the nightclub under the Stakis in Blackpool rowing a boat across the dance floor. I voted for a load of stuff I abhor now as a still young-ish libertarian. But it was fun.

I still don't know what the Tories were up to in Blackpool while we were having a good time. I do know that one of their gang got charged for electoral fraud the next year.

I was elected to be a delegate to the 1999 NUS conference- by default. I shared a room with a Green that I got chatting to on the coach, and he was a lovely chap. He dragged me to some meetings where everyone sat on the floor despite there being ample chairs available. But TBH the best night we had was the first night, where every delegate from our uni, apart from the Conservatives, ended up on the floor of the nightclub under the Stakis in Blackpool rowing a boat across the dance floor. I voted for a load of stuff I abhor now as a still young-ish libertarian. But it was fun.

I still don't know what the Tories were up to in Blackpool while we were having a good time. I do know that one of their gang got charged for electoral fraud the next year.

i joined the tory club at uni. If you joined you got a free squishy ball and membership to the local pool hall.

Both the Greens and Liberals are parties that do best in opposition appealing to, as mentioned above, those who are not as clever as they like to think they are. Smug people.

I should know - I considered myself a Liberal for decades with one foot in the Liberal and one in the Labour camps. I then realised that my views as a 'Liberal' had very little to do with the people in the Liberal Party.

I have mentioned it before on here but you only have to experienced the disasters that are the Liberals in Wales to realise what a bunch of dickheads they are. One of the reasons that Labour dominates Welsh politics is that both the Welsh Liberals and Plaid Cymru are so poor. It is not brilliant Welsh Labour leadership but poor opposition.

It was no surprise to me that the Liberals were so poor when in govt with the Tories. Vince Cable strikes me as a man who is simply lost. Vacant. To think that he was once a HPC hero to so many of us. More fool us. More fool me.

But the Greens? Sheesh! You have to be particularly deluded to vote for them IMPO. Friends of mine did in the general election - some journalists that I know which probably says it all - despite being shown the above Andrew Neil interview.

When I was younger I used to passionately believe that this country was worth fighting for and dying for. Not any more - if I found myself in a trench with a bunch of Greens and Liberals I would be leaving them to it. Reap what you sow - but they never do. It s always someone else who suffers for such people whilst they only go on to benefit more.

Rant over.