House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Economic Exile

Growing Older Disgracefully! Rebelling! Not Conforming! Clothing

I've ordered this jacket made by punk hooligan :) A nice addition to my limited wardrobe which has got more black,red tartan, studded belts etc over the past couple of years. Many purchases second hand from ebay or charity shops.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Canvas-Red-Tartan-Biker-Style-Jacket-PUNK-GOTH-NEW-38-44-chest/151731489815?_trksid=p2815

Yes, pricey for a skinflint like me but I know I'll wear it often and I like to avoid the look of a lot of late 50's people in my rural town.

It'll look great, IMO, with my long black Dr M boots, black leggings or skinny jeans and black bush style wide brimmed hat.

I've let my hair go grey which I love but no way will I ever wear the general type of late 50's female gear I've seen in my town. Too boring!

You should teach at Hogwarts. :blink:

Still, it's always best to avoid beige Crimplene.

Looks ace and thirty odd quid is by no means profligate. You've made it to your late 50s, treat yourself!

Your style sounds a bit like a punk inspired updating of Supergran's. Who, after all, was brilliant.

Agreed, go for it. Supergran takes me back, I thought it was the magnificent Molly Weir in the lead role but I was wrong, Gudrun Ure take a bow (dunno about the bunnet and fingerless gloves mind):

_58197052_58197051.jpg

My father in law (Japanese) has a `happi` jacket. It has a kind of chevron design, looks great on him but would look gay on me.

I`ll stick to my £2.50 fleece and wrangler jeans (£6 from the British heart foundation)

I worry about Scotch people losing the legendary reputation for tightness.

I've never quite understood why after a certain age people start wearing slacks and cardigans in autumnal shades - perhaps a pension requirement? Presumably you get a letter from the government.

Can't be anything to do with pensions.

Some of us get like that from about the age of 14.

My old age treat will be rdd trousers.

I think they look a bit OTT on anybody under 60 but old guys can revert to the colours and fashions of the play school and look OK with it.

Top jacket EE!

I've never quite understood why after a certain age people start wearing slacks and cardigans in autumnal shades - perhaps a pension requirement? Presumably you get a letter from the government.

Once you reach a certain age, the key words to look for are 'elasticated' and 'stain-resistant'.

Once you reach a certain age, the key words to look for are 'elasticated' and 'stain-resistant'.

We shall know you by your stains!

My old age treat will be rdd trousers.

I think they look a bit OTT on anybody under 60 but old guys can revert to the colours and fashions of the play school and look OK with it.

Top jacket EE!

Yes, go for red trousers.

A very active local man who was involved in golf, dancing, ice skating and numerous other things until his quick exit from life in his late 80's was IMO always very distinguished dress wise.

He wore red, orange, green, and blue coloured trousers.... in beautiful muted tones, IMO. For example, burnt orange, sage green not primary colours. Teamed with well coordinated wool jumpers and jackets I always thought he looked great.

My jacket arrived today. I'm well pleased with it :)

Punk van girl coghead? :huh:

The "trousers of the damned"! :huh: