House Price Crash Forum
Randall Herbert

Vi's Accept The Price Falls

Isn't it amazing how in this months releases the VI's just mention in passing (as if they have been discussing it all year with us) the FACT that HP's have been FALLING for the past year and a half whilst announcing their predictions for House Price growth for 2006?

Its as if it never even happened?

Are the VI's House Price Crash deniers?

I feel a historic newspaper quotes post coming on.....

Isn't it amazing how in this months releases the VI's just mention in passing (as if they have been discussing it all year with us) the FACT that HP's have been FALLING for the past year and a half whilst announcing their predictions for House Price growth for 2006?

Its as if it never even happened?

Are the VI's House Price Crash deniers?

I feel a historic newspaper quotes post coming on.....

Assuming you meant past quotes from the early '90's there is already a large number of back posts from months ago to the present time, quoting many of the classic denial stories, PR and spin well into the last crash, and of course the chief spreader of denial, even with the market collapsing all around them was....yes you guessed it:

The Halifax

RICS

Most other building societies

Nearly all property trade associations

All EA's

Most of the newspapers

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

Assuming you meant past quotes from the early '90's there is already a large number of back posts from months ago to the present time, quoting many of the classic denial stories, PR and spin well into the last crash, and of course the chief spreader of denial, even with the market collapsing all around them was....yes you guessed it:

The Halifax

RICS

Most other building societies

Nearly all property trade associations

All EA's

Most of the newspapers

VP

I'm curious...what kind of stuff did the BBC report last time around?

If anything the BBC was then more willing to publish stories on problem areas of the economy and potential house price falls. I remember news stories clearly on the prime time about price falls down south (I was then up north) - while not gleeful in tone they were clearly "big" news.

Remember, they were not the biggest supporters of Maggie/Tories (although it has to be said she cowed/bullied them into submission on the odd occasion when she needed to more effectively than the vacillating muppet currently installed at no. 10). Her threats about privatising the beeb were clearly taken more seriously by the Tristrams.

While the Beebs idealogical bedfellows are still in power, they are hardly likely to oversell any Labour govt mishandling of the economy or house price trouble now are they.

Edited by Tempest