House Price Crash Forum

'unprecedented Leak' Exposes How The World's Wealthy Use Off-Shore Shell Companies To Hide Their Wealth

HOLA441

Whilst it may not be fair that some people have used methods to hide some of their wealth from various tax authorities, it would be great if someone could also investigate the amount of tax payers money that is inappropriately spent and wasted too. We never seem to hear much about that. It is almost as if wastage is fine as long as everyone has been made to pay the maximum amount possible that can be wasted and nobody has managed to find a way to reduce the amount they pay.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Whilst it may not be fair that some people have used methods to hide some of their wealth from various tax authorities, it would be great if someone could also investigate the amount of tax payers money that is inappropriately spent and wasted too. We never seem to hear much about that. It is almost as if wastage is fine as long as everyone has been made to pay the maximum amount possible that can be wasted and nobody has managed to find a way to reduce the amount they pay.

On LHA payments to insolvent BTL tw@ts for example

HOLA443
HOLA444

No one apart from the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph, Sun etc every day of the week.

HOLA445
HOLA446

So, any actual important players in the West revealed as implicated or just a few dead ones, with all our current leaders clean as whistles?

I do notice that the President of Iceland is caught up - that'll teach them to prosecute bankers.

Should be interesting to see how Vlad retaliates - I'm sure he has access to some juicy details though I doubt that they will receive the same coverage.

I do wonder about the timing - something bad about to break and the public needs distracting?

Yes, the EZ.

HOLA447

About to start reading Treasure Islands (not quite this minute, but soon) anyone read that? TBH I don`t really care who has what stashed where anymore, or about UK house prices too much any more, but it looks like an interesting read. I would recommend to everyone twice daily meditation and appreciation of the beauty and power of nature, that is the real gold.

HOLA448

Not really sure on this.

IT looks like its been blown out of propoertion. Or just not got a number of good names.

Gadaffi dodged taxed! Wow, thats bad.

Bar the Icelandic PM, the majority are a collection of dodgy and all Im curious is why, apart from washing, the likes of Gadafi chose to transfer money in Panama.

HOLA449

oh I think it's legit. looking at tyhe names its going to bloiwup loiasds of people.

Do you still see the take that boys and the god awful comedian on the box ?

Not paying your taxes is a jolly jape and nothing will be done to anyone.

Hell, if you are a junky tax avoided you'll probably get your own show on the BBc ( IMHO ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4410

About to start reading Treasure Islands (not quite this minute, but soon) anyone read that? TBH I don`t really care who has what stashed where anymore, or about UK house prices too much any more, but it looks like an interesting read. I would recommend to everyone twice daily meditation and appreciation of the beauty and power of nature, that is the real gold.

Gollum-Ring.jpg

HOLA4411

Not really sure on this.

IT looks like its been blown out of propoertion. Or just not got a number of good names.

Gadaffi dodged taxed! Wow, thats bad.

Bar the Icelandic PM, the majority are a collection of dodgy and all Im curious is why, apart from washing, the likes of Gadafi chose to transfer money in Panama.

Yes, I am a bit underwhelmed by this. But it does underline the fact that off-shore jurisdictions like Panama serve only to hide tax. Remember, this is from just one firm in Panama, so is the tip of a very big iceberg.

I used to work in wealth management and it was always obvious why these vehicles were used. You would sometimes get very combinations designed to obscure ownership. E.g.

A Panamanian company, owned by a Liberian company, held in trust by Cypriot trustees and administered from Luxembourg.

Spanish clients in particular liked Panama and hated it when rules came in that showed that the ultimate beneficial owner had to be identified on all of our accounts.

I laughed.

HOLA4412

I would recommend to everyone twice daily meditation and appreciation of the beauty and power of nature, that is the real gold.

Twice-daily medication?

Certainly good to get out into nature, but we don't really have that in the UK. And what we do have varies: vast areas of arable farming are worse than more affluent/leafy urban desert, and even our so-called national parks offer at best a theme-park illusion of nature. Sure, any quiet green space or babbling brook can be therapeutic, but if you have the misfortune to live near a main road then every spot for miles around is blighted by noise and that in itself saps the will to live and to take pleasure in anything.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

good point, i usually cringe at some of the conspiracy theories on this site. But something smells a bit fishy about this, even to me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the dark side.

Stuff like this would never be leaked/printed/published without someone having a real agenda.

You just need to work out what that agenda is.

The UK media/establishment is powerful...look what they did to Fifa, just because they wouldn't give the world cup to Engerland ( IMHO ).

Maybe the bankers have taken all the poor's money and now they want to rich to contribute to their wealth to them.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Well the Guardian is running the story with a big picture of Vladimir Putin.

Given that under its supposedly left wing wrapping the Grauniad is as establishment as the late Queen Mother you can bet your last cent that the sole purpose of the 'revelations' is to smear the Russian president (yet again). Frankly it is all getting a bit tedious and predictable. It is not even as though he is stealing cash from the people of the UK or the West so why would we really care what he does or where he hides it. There are plenty of other crooks who are robbing British taxpayer blind knocking about but for some reason their names are not on any of the lists I see. When they start getting name, shamed and prosecuted I might start getting excited.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Pretty obvious Russia bashing again. The Kremlin stated that this attack was coming last Monday (presumably they had warning of the leak from intelligence).

The involvement of Soros and the almost complete absence of any Western Banks/officials etc just reeks.

This will backfire on them, as usual. And have almost no impact on Putin or anyone else in Russia (as usual). Worth noting that Putin himself isn't even named in the report (despite what the Western media would have us believe). Not at all.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4420

Treasure Islands should be required reading. Learn how the Bank of England and the City of London Corporation constructed an empire of debt in the aftermath of WWll and helped facilitate the capture of ~1/3 of the world's wealth by a ring of international bankers, American businessmen and European aristocrats.

HOLA4421

No one apart from the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph, Sun etc every day of the week.

They only scrape the surface generally with a few 100k spend on dodgy expenses for MPs or one or two people claiming benefits who should not be. I'm talking about the massive waste such as the details of all the PFI scandals, why government projects cost many times more in the UK than in other countries. Areas where billions are wasted, not the odd few 100k

HOLA4422

This has really brought out the conspiracy theorists on HPC.

There always has to be "an agenda".

Approx. 10 million High Net Worth Individuals (0.01% of the world population) now own ~1/3 of the world's financial assets.

What moral or economic justification can there be for this?

It certainly didn't happen by chance.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Approx. 10 million High Net Worth Individuals (0.01% of the world population) now own ~1/3 of the world's financial assets.

Um, didn't we have Oxfam making claims something like that, that turned out to be junk?

Don't all such claims in fact rely on excluding all state actions, like the paying of pensions, that serve to equalise?

BTW, "high net worth" in the UK has been devalued to the point where you can be it without being able to afford an average house in many areas.

HOLA4425