House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Wachowski Brothers, Nope, Sisters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3521117/Lilly-Wachowski-makes-public-appearance-coming-transgender-GLAAD-Media-Awards.html

I does not bother me what an adult wants to do. Up to them, knock yourselves out. Whatever

But its just not very convincing is it?

A school mates older brother became his older sister about 20 years ago.

Then she killed herself.

Her brother was convinced he/she'd got into a a cycle of 'Look at me! Look at me!' which moved to its sad end.

Sure we knew he was gay but he did not seem happy with just being gay.

Suicide rate is very high amongst MTF transgendered people who have had the op. The opt does not make their lives happier generally and most struggle finding work.

In a few hundred years, in some Star Trek future, where docs can perhaps alter your DNA or somehow 'beam' you into the opposite gender then perhaps such things will be commonplace. At the moment it is often brutal, unconvincing and very difficult afterwards for the people.

The results can be very convincing if someone goes down this route in their teens or even early 20s. Doing it in their 40s or older is often not convincing. It is still brutal IMPO.

Suicide rate is very high amongst MTF transgendered people who have had the op. The opt does not make their lives happier generally and most struggle finding work.

In a few hundred years, in some Star Trek future, where docs can perhaps alter your DNA or somehow 'beam' you into the opposite gender then perhaps such things will be commonplace. At the moment it is often brutal, unconvincing and very difficult afterwards for the people.

The results can be very convincing if someone goes down this route in their teens or even early 20s. Doing it in their 40s or older is often not convincing. It is still brutal IMPO.

I think you'd need to get in there before your balls drop.

But I doubt any western society would let a 9 YO boy choose that.

Not sure there would be a happy ending anyhow.

Castratis were a right bunch of loons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Moreschi

Imagine being born in the wrong body gender wise. Must be beyond terrible.

Eh?

It is society that won't let a man behave like a female, or a female behave like a man. Not evolution. If he wants to wear a dress then let him... Has he still got his balls?

everybody is in the wrong body...at least, thats what one could think watching the media.

Fact is, the condition is pretty rare.

I think you'd need to get in there before your balls drop.

But I doubt any western society would let a 9 YO boy choose that.

Not sure there would be a happy ending anyhow.

Castratis were a right bunch of loons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Moreschi

MTF transgendered people are different from castrati biologically because they take female hormones and male hormone blockers.

Eh?

It is society that won't let a man behave like a female, or a female behave like a man. Not evolution. If he wants to wear a dress then let him... Has he still got his balls?

It's more than wanting to wear a dress. Not sure what your point is?

It's more than wanting to wear a dress. Not sure what your point is?

Is it? That's my point.

If I think I'm a dog, when can I start to have surgery? Woof! Woof!

Is it? That's my point.

There was an episode of 'South Park' when one of the characters, after seeing another one have a sex change, decided to become a dolphin.

Is it? That's my point.

Yes it is.

Christ! What a boiler! :blink: I have met a few people (inadvertantly) that have undergone this transition. Brave move I guess, but only half of them were believable. :blink:

Christ! What a boiler! :blink: I have met a few people (inadvertantly) that have undergone this transition. Brave move I guess, but only half of them were believable. :blink:

The one I knew was always very cross about something. Never found out what.

Anyway, while I want to believe that they are brave / that we are lucky to live in a society which can allow individuals to express their gender inside...

... I can't help think that they stumbled onto something with the matrix and they've been reprogrammed by the system to think they are the opposite gender*.... But their real punishment will come when the programming will be removed but their delicate bits will still be in rearranged form...

*Hopefully I'll be below their radar on this - or who knows what punishment will come my way....

Personally I think that a desire for gender re-alignment is just another manifestation of severe depression and mental illness, similar to self-harm or destructive behaviour like drug abuse or other addictions.

People think "I'm not happy" and naturally look for ways to make themselves happy, but they misdiagnose the problem and don't think things through.

How many people have thought "I'd be happy if only I had more money", "I'd be happy if only I was in a relationship with x", "I'd be happy if only I was a footballer/musician/hedge fund manager". Well I think "I'd be happy if only I had been born a woman" is just a more extreme version of that. And presumably they are more likely to commit suicide because once they have tried to become a woman they realise a.) that they aren't really one at all and b.) what they now are hasn't made them any happier at all (and probably given them a load of problems they'd never considered).

The idea that some people are actually "born in the wrong body", that being the wrong gender is a real thing, is just pandering nonsense.

Who knows Dgul? I'm happy being a bloke. If I had been born a woman I might quite like being that. Probably wouldn't change. Sounds like a right fag to me, with all the paperwork and new clothes and that. I'd end up looking like my big sister. Luckily with her she still wears motorcycle jackets and jeans

Personally I think that a desire for gender re-alignment is just another manifestation of severe depression and mental illness, similar to self-harm or destructive behaviour like drug abuse or other addictions.

People think "I'm not happy" and naturally look for ways to make themselves happy, but they misdiagnose the problem and don't think things through.

How many people have thought "I'd be happy if only I had more money", "I'd be happy if only I was in a relationship with x", "I'd be happy if only I was a footballer/musician/hedge fund manager". Well I think "I'd be happy if only I had been born a woman" is just a more extreme version of that. And presumably they are more likely to commit suicide because once they have tried to become a woman they realise a.) that they aren't really one at all and b.) what they now are hasn't made them any happier at all (and probably given them a load of problems they'd never considered).

The idea that some people are actually "born in the wrong body", that being the wrong gender is a real thing, is just pandering nonsense.

Not sure about the numbers but I did read a lot of mtf ts want to have reversal. This puts the wrong gender in perspective - I think there's a fair bit of hysteria asnd attention seeking look at me!!!!!

You're born as your born. you cannot cvhasnge gender in the same way you cannot change your height, skin colour or brain.

Saying that getting you nasds whacvked will help doesn't fly for me. youre just a bloke with no nads.