House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Isambard

Its Really Quite Simple

Its all really quite simple for me. Currently live in the South East - I am unemployed at the moment but have a number of offers in the pipeline.

Its all about wages - I like in Chatham Kent, not the most salubrious place in the whole of the South East. Looking at rightmove for the cheapest 2 bed in the worst road in Chatham you are looking at

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58254443.html £145K

Most of the jobs in the area are paying between 20K to 30K. How on earth can people get mortgages unless they have a BOMAD. Beggars belief.

Assuming I get paid 30K - 30K X 4 is a 120K thats totally maxing out meaning you would need a further 25K deposit, for a average looking 2 bed.

Exasperating to say the least!

Its all really quite simple for me. Currently live in the South East - I am unemployed at the moment but have a number of offers in the pipeline.

Its all about wages - I like in Chatham Kent, not the most salubrious place in the whole of the South East. Looking at rightmove for the cheapest 2 bed in the worst road in Chatham you are looking at

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58254443.html £145K

Most of the jobs in the area are paying between 20K to 30K. How on earth can people get mortgages unless they have a BOMAD. Beggars belief.

Assuming I get paid 30K - 30K X 4 is a 120K thats totally maxing out meaning you would need a further 25K deposit, for a average looking 2 bed.

Exasperating to say the least!

I used to know a mobile DJ from Charham, he could charge £500/£600 (2008/9 prices) for a standard 7:30pm to 12pm evening wedding. All I could get in Dover/Margate/Folkestone area is £300.

In reflection it's money trickling out from wealthy London employees. If you can find a way of extracting cash from the London commuters (like many trades people can) then you can do quite well in Chatham.

Does the house come with a view of that enormous anchor (pic 4) ? :D

If so, then with the off road parking space wide enough for a British Leyland Mini, I say it's worth every penny. ;)

A few house sales @ £115k in 2014/15 (and a few others at around £86k 2010-13) suggests to me that the asking price is extremely optimistic!

The floor plan is awesome. I can't imagine anyone having any questions unanswered about the internal layout after viewing that miracle of draughtsmanship.

Haha, I never noticed that before. At least it shows that the anchor isn't in the garden.