House Price Crash Forum

Bank Of England Warns That Vote To Leave Eu Risks A Credit Crunch

HOLA441

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/mar/29/bank-of-england-clamps-down-buy-to-let-lending

Bank of England warns that vote to leave EU risks a credit crunch

Financial policy committee also warns of possible run on sterling and higher interest rates for mortgages in boost for remain side

#Fearorism

CexgA69WwAA7F2N.jpg

HOLA442
HOLA443

Running large current and budget deficits risks a credit crunch too.

The biggest risk to the UK is the UK bankers and politicians

The problem, it seems to me, is that the country is being run by the government and the bankers for the benefit of the banking industry.

With the vast sums of money involved and their VI property dealings this will not end until it collapses now.

I've opened up my foreign exchange account now and i';m going to move a couple of 100K into it.

Would rather loose short term than get 0.15% interest .

Too much risk in the UK now.

It's got crazy.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest BillyNI

More like

Give me an E

Give me an X

Give me an C

Give me an U

Give me an S

Give me an E

Getting them in early. If we exit the EU the government will use that as they excuse for every F-up they have put in place in the last 20 years.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

But the BoE just said a few days ago that it has no opinion on the referendum - it's impartial.

So if that's the case they must be about to emphasise the benefits of a credit crunch to the UK as a whole.

Otherwise they'd just come across as a bunch of self serving crooks - and nobody would believe they're that :lol:

HOLA4412
The former chancellor Alistair Darling said: “This assessment makes it clear our economy would be more vulnerable and less resilient if we vote to leave the EU – leading to higher mortgage rates for families and higher interest rates for Britain’s businesses. It is a serious piece of work that should make everyone think twice about irresponsibly gambling with people’s jobs and livelihoods.” The former chancellor Alistair Darling said: “This assessment makes it clear our economy would be more vulnerable and less resilient if we vote to leave the EU – leading to higher mortgage rates for families and higher interest rates for Britain’s businesses. It is a serious piece of work that should make everyone think twice about irresponsibly gambling with people’s jobs and livelihoods.”

So says banker Darling.The former chancellor Alistair Darling said: This assessment makes it clear our economy would be more vulnerable and less resilient if we vote to leave the EU leading to higher mortgage rates for families and higher interest rates for Britains businesses. It is a serious piece of work that should make everyone think twice about irresponsibly gambling with peoples jobs and livelihoods.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4413

So says banker Darling.The former chancellor Alistair Darling said: This assessment makes it clear our economy would be more vulnerable and less resilient if we vote to leave the EU leading to higher mortgage rates for families and higher interest rates for Britains businesses. It is a serious piece of work that should make everyone think twice about irresponsibly gambling with peoples jobs and livelihoods.

The hypocrisy is effing staggering and the V has well and truly been taken out of VI in Britain thesedays to be replaced by an Us vs Them culture

HOLA4414

Not that (NuLabour) Darling has ever been biased in favour of banks or anything like that with a cushy banking job after his stint in Parliament..

With him and his lot in favour of the eu then it looks like it's got to be a vote for Brexit.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4415

Will the young (without any chance of a decent job) and the older generations (no mortgage) who see their children/grandchildren unable to get a decent job (which they blame on the number of workers flooding into the country) swing the vote for an exit? Even if we don`t leave this time IMO the EZ is going to break up anyway, our "Stay" politicians will just look doubly stupid when that happens, and the financial fallout will probably be even worse. Lot`s of people I talk to now are grumbling about how their lives are being affected by waiting times for essential services (GP and Maternity are two I heard moans about recently) and they definitely pin this problem on "The numbers now coming here" although they don`t tend to discuss it until they feel the other person is sympathetic, for fear of being branded "Wacist!" or "MigrantPhobic" or some other shite. I think on polling day there are going to be sizeable numbers going in to vote thinking "Enough is enough, let`s get out".

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Will the young (without any chance of a decent job) and the older generations (no mortgage) who see their children/grandchildren unable to get a decent job (which they blame on the number of workers flooding into the country) swing the vote for an exit? Even if we don`t leave this time IMO the EZ is going to break up anyway, our "Stay" politicians will just look doubly stupid when that happens, and the financial fallout will probably be even worse. Lot`s of people I talk to now are grumbling about how their lives are being affected by waiting times for essential services (GP and Maternity are two I heard moans about recently) and they definitely pin this problem on "The numbers now coming here" although they don`t tend to discuss it until they feel the other person is sympathetic, for fear of being branded "Wacist!" or "MigrantPhobic" or some other shite. I think on polling day there are going to be sizeable numbers going in to vote thinking "Enough is enough, let`s get out".

Tend to agree.

The EU death warrant was written the second Merkel open her gob and the doors into Germany (and the rest of europe). This influx will change everything.

HOLA4418

More like

Give me an E

Give me an X

Give me an C

Give me an U

Give me an S

Give me an E

Getting them in early. If we exit the EU the government will use that as they excuse for every F-up they have put in place in the last 20 years.

The UK has been blaming the EU for every Fkup for the oast 20 years. This site would indicate they have been pretty successful.

HOLA4419

The UK has been blaming the EU for every Fkup for the oast 20 years. This site would indicate they have been pretty successful.

Will the CoL be under or a partner with the ECB in the next stage of a supra national unelected and irremovable administration please?

HOLA4420

Tend to agree.

The EU death warrant was written the second Merkel open her gob and the doors into Germany (and the rest of europe). This influx will change everything.

What influx? Have you any idea what percentage of the EU population the refugees are? When you do, compare that to the falling birth rates in Europe.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I know no more than you re the CoL. What are you referring to as unelected and irremovable administration?

Brussels my friend. If you can't name the 24 people who run the show (and self-select each other) there why is it a good idea to trust them with our children's futures please?

Or I take it you think national governments who the national populations elect in their "democracies" all sit and cuddle and make decisions together in a big circle holding hands listening to Lennon's "Imagine"? Newsflash: any meps are only there to rubber stamp orders from above - from the unelected, irremovable 24 and the ECB.

Edited by fluteroop

HOLA4423

What I do know is that MEP's are elected more democratically than MP's and that other EU countries bother to turn out and vote in EU parliamentary elections. Just because the average brainwashed anti EU Brit cant be bothered doesn't make the EU parliament or the decision making process of the EU undemocratic. Btw it's 28 not 24.

HOLA4424

What I do know is that MEP's are elected more democratically than MP's and that other EU countries bother to turn out and vote in EU parliamentary elections. Just because the average brainwashed anti EU Brit cant be bothered doesn't make the EU parliament or the decision making process of the EU undemocratic. Btw it's 28 not 24.

Any elected heads are paper stampers. Not decision makers

HOLA4425