House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CunningPlan

Beg To Buy

https://www.seedrs.com/gifteddeposit#idea

"Gifted Deposit is a social enterprise platform aimed at helping first time buyers, in the UK, raise money towards their first home. The concept is simple, market driven and designed to work in conjunction with the latest government incentives to maximise the funds that are raised.

Crowdfunding is disrupting everything, from business and property investment, to philanthropy and lending. The Gifted Deposit platform harnesses the power of crowdfunding and will allow couples and individual first time buyers to create a campaign and gain financial support from their friends, family, professional and extended networks.

Our technology aims to simplify the fundraising process. We are developing a fully automated platform; allowing content-rich campaigns to be created and launched. Campaign owners will then be able to use the integrated social media tools to share their campaign and contributors can search, view and monitor each campaign and make contributions, in real-time.

Intended impact

The traditional way of fundraising, for a cause, has been to target an individual’s immediate network of friends and family; however, this approach is often limited by geography and timing. The introduction of social platforms has replaced old-fashioned sponsorship forms with an online, digital solution, but has continued to focus on charitable campaigns as opposed to personal causes.

Gifted Deposit has adopted a 21st century approach and aims to revolutionise the way in which individuals can raise money, towards the deposit, for their new home and make the dreams of home ownership a reality for many more people. The platform aims to enable them to target a wider audience, consisting not only of immediate family, but their extended relations, distant relatives, friends across the country, professional connections and other generous givers."

Excellent - a platform that allows you to fundraise for yourself by nagging anyone you have ever met into giving you money.

Interesting that the founders have had an idea, written the content for a website and some other social media stuff that is beyond me and value the 'business' at £875,000

Makes a one bed in zone 1 look like a good business investment.

Unreal. Can I be the first to say:

Dear HPCers, I've seen a wee flat for 5 grand that I'd quite like. It's in a drug-infested ghetto on the West coast of Scotland. It's ok though, I can handle that as I have reasonable knife skills after training as a chef.

Gonnae gies some cash for it, please? I can't be arsed working to save it up and certainly can't be arsed finding out why decent housing in decent areas is generally 30-50 times this amount. EDIT: Maths obvs isn't my strong point. I should have been an estate agent.

All payments can be sent to beggingtobeanentitledpotentialhomeownerifidontmewand******itallup@paypal.com

Edited by fluteroop

Unreal. Can I be the first to say:

Dear HPCers, I've seen a wee flat for 5 grand that I'd quite like. It's in a drug-infested ghetto on the West coast of Scotland. It's ok though, I can handle that as I have reasonable knife skills after training as a chef.

Gonnae gies some cash for it, please? I can't be arsed working to save it up and certainly can't be arsed finding out why decent housing in decent areas is generally 30-50 times this amount. EDIT: Maths obvs isn't my strong point. I should have been an estate agent.

All payments can be sent to beggingtobeanentitledpotentialhomeownerifidontmewand******itallup@paypal.com

Cash or Cheque ?

Cash or Cheque ?

Cash obviously. I can't wait for a cheque to clear, I might miss the boat.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't even say 'thanks'. How very entitled of me.

Edited by fluteroop