House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Illegal Fundamentalist Religious School In Central London Not Teaching In English Out Of Principle

Nope, it's not what you think, read below:

An investigation has been launched into claims that a school which does not allow students to learn English is still operating illegally despite being ordered to close.

Talmud Torah Tashbar, an ultra-orthodox Jewish school in Stamford Hill, has been operating unregistered for 40 years and was ordered to close by February 12.

Ofsted inspectors who visited the school said the curriculum, which is taught entirely in Hebrew, encouraged cultural and ethnic insularity because it is so narrow and almost exclusively rooted in the study of the Torah.

They found the school was not teaching English as a matter of school ethos and was not providing any secular education as a matter of religious principle.

Its documents state Tashbar had been running illegally since 1976 and inspectors found the school had a highly unpleasant pervading smell, broken windows, torn carpets, large holes in walls, no policies on health and safety and a blank admissions register.

It is a criminal offence to operate an unregistered school, with a maximum sentence of almost a years imprisonment, although no one has ever been prosecuted for the crime.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/education/jewish-school-which-banned-english-still-open-despite-being-ordered-to-close-a3210871.html

To operate illegaly for 40 years they must have some very good protection in high places... :ph34r:

When militant Jews start murdering dozens of people in European cities then I will start worrying about them.

Exactly!

They didn't have protection high up. It's just that nobody cared because nobody was exploding anywhere.

When militant Jews start murdering dozens of people in European cities then I will start worrying about them.

The pen is mightier than the sword... :blink:

TBH I'm not so much worried about the brainwashed pupils (even though they are being taught that they are part of a superior race compared to the rest of us, which is quite concerning) but the fact this school was able to operate illegally for 40 years shows how corrupt our politicians and the authorities, who should have shut it down a long time ago, are.

It's just that nobody cared because nobody was exploding anywhere.

So according to you it's ok to run an illegal business in the UK as long as I don't kill anybody? :wacko:

Your hate for muslims has clearly fried your brain...

The pen is mightier than the sword... :blink:

TBH I'm not so much worried about the brainwashed pupils (even though they are being taught that they are part of a superior race compared to the rest of us, which is quite concerning) but the fact this school was able to operate illegally for 40 years shows how corrupt our politicians and the authorities, who should have shut it down a long time ago, are.

Not as corrupt at the politicians and authorities that looked the other way and did precisely nothing as some 1400 vulnerable girls were being systematically abused and raped by a certain religious community in some mill towns.

I work with orthodox and ultra-orthodox jews from time to time - they're a bit of a handful but don't rape and blow people up cos their book says so

so looking for equivalence eagle - there isn't any

Jews speak English anyway, or maybe Yiddish? I know Stamford Hill quite well as I used to visit a GF there. It's hardly a nasty place! :unsure:

So according to you it's ok to run an illegal business in the UK as long as I don't kill anybody? :wacko:

Fine by me - so long as no one gets hurt or is forced

Not me. I don't close down schools. You must be thinking of somebody else....Like the people who close down schools. Racist pigs!

It's clearly not a school. It's a bible class.

Yes but it's the only education these children receive.

And you wouldn't call this forced and hurt?

A former pupil, who entered adulthood not speaking English, told the Standard: “What’s funny is, when I grew up, I didn’t have any other conception of education. I thought that childhood is meant to be a bitter, sad, torturous period in your life.”

Jay Harman, of the British Humanist Association, which has been campaigning on the issue, said: “The Government should ensure that any schools which are found to provide a woefully inadequate and insular education are closed and remain closed.

“Every year that these schools remain open, thousands of children continue to be subjected to indoctrination, and the denial of even the most basic learning beyond the study of scripture.”

I'm amazed CPS isn't involved yet, they usually get involved in much less serious matters already.

It's clearly not a school. It's a bible class.

Didn't you go to Sunday School? :wacko:

What are we trying to prove here?

Increasingly people don't need convincing Islam is the biggest "problem" religion. Some nonsense about a school preaching in Hebrew after yet another mass killing is just indicative of how weak this Islam defence argument is becoming.

I used to, but stopped going when all I got for my dinner money was a thin wafer.

Fugg those Jesus biscuits. I'd rather have samosas or a bagel. Or indeed a pastie!

Increasingly people don't need convincing Islam is the biggest "problem" religion. Some nonsense about a school preaching in Hebrew after yet another mass killing is just indicative of how weak this Islam defence argument is becoming.

This thread is not about Islam but about the subject in the first post:

a Jewish fundamentalist school that has been operating illegaly right in central London brainwashing thousands of pupils (and denying them a real education) for 40 years while the authorities did nothing to enforce the law.

I find it quite disconcerting that more and more people here have to immediately relate everything to Islam as if they think of nothing else all day. :wacko:

a Jewish fundamentalist school that has been operating illegaly right in central London brainwashing thousands of pupils (and denying them a real education) for 40 years while the authorities did nothing to enforce the law.

I find it quite disconcerting that more and more people here have to immediately relate everything to Islam as if they think of nothing else all day. :wacko:

As opposed to linking everything to Israel, false flags and big pharma - which is all you ever go on about

As opposed to linking everything to Israel, false flags and big pharma - which is all you ever go on about

This thread isn't about any of those three subjects so I have proven you wrong already. :P

The story is trivial and otherwise uninteresting, so presumably you only posted as a counterpoint to undesirable islamic activities, as indicates by your own title, so it is perfectly reasonable that people respond by referring to islam.

tl;dr

you started it.

The story is trivial and otherwise uninteresting

That's your opinion, not mine, you are free to ignore threads that don't interest you, it's not like I'm spamming the forum with 20 threads a day...

Even the Evening Standard though the story was newsworthy enough to publish it.

That's your opinion, not mine, you are free to ignore threads that don't interest you, it's not like I'm spamming the forum with 20 threads a day...

I am not interested in the subject matter, i am interested in the discord you are attempting to sow.

I am not interested in the subject matter

Having said that, there are local authority controls over children attending school, so I am curious as to how the students managed to avoid attending any official schools.

In centuries past pupils at my old grammar school were not permitted to speak any language but Latin even in the playground. I believe the French School of London the Lycee Francais Charles De Gaulle is taught in French. The language of education is immaterial. It is what is being taught that counts.