House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wayward

Development Free Zone

Hi

An article in the local parish council newsletter made my blood boil...an extract is below...I have to share this.

Development Free Zone

The Valley Park Parish Council are pleased to report that the planning application by Taylor Wimpey for 300 houses at Great Covert was refused by Test Valley Borough Council....

The Revised Local Plan was adopted by Test Valley on the 27th January 2016 and this should result in helping protect Valley Park from any more housing developments unit 2029...

Cllr Alan Dowden

I have contacted Cllr Dowden and suggested he reflects upon his triumphant tone and that he should be thankful that his predecessors were not equally lacking in vision otherwise perhaps he would not be comfortably housed in his lovely modern home.

Quite honestly the selfishness, the greed, the stupidity makes me sick. And what is worse nobody seems to think anything is wrong, most people in the community seem to support his stance hence the self congratulatory article.

Move to Spain looming nearer...

What's there to get angry about? Sounds pretty good to me. If you genuinely believe those houses were "needed" then have a go at all the irresponsible fools adding to the population instead, putting us in the position of more obnoxious crap being built or insufficient housing, both contributing towards a less pleasant country to live in. That's what makes my blood boil, along with the people pushing for ever-increasing development. Someone with vision these days would be working to reduce both of those, not contribute towards one or the other.

@riedquat

Guess your right what use are homes, never did anyone any good. In fact to improve the quality of life of folks in southern England we should have a mass demolition programme.

What's there to get angry about? Sounds pretty good to me. If you genuinely believe those houses were "needed" then have a go at all the irresponsible fools adding to the population instead, putting us in the position of more obnoxious crap being built or insufficient housing, both contributing towards a less pleasant country to live in. That's what makes my blood boil, along with the people pushing for ever-increasing development. Someone with vision these days would be working to reduce both of those, not contribute towards one or the other.

The perfect NIMBY ... They have all the right excuses.. Demolish their houses for a start

Edited by moneyfornothing

Parish (boomer nimbys) and Borough Councils (freemason types) should be removed from the planning process. They have too much local involvement and make decisions within a narrow scope of interests, not that of the wider community. They drag out the process to a ridiculous extent and have spawned new industries by generating expensive and pointless surveys just to be obstructive. There is currently so much money at stake in all but the smallest building applications, appeals will always be taken to the next level, where national policy should be applied.

Nimbyism is starting to die off, it's less and less socially acceptable.

people are more and more embarrassed to protest and let the public know that they hate their own children.

it may be a long drawn out death but nimbyism is eroding away

A generation priced out from owning a home and these nimby idiots are happy because they won't have to look at a few more semis as they drive their Range Rovers to the local village shop.

The government needs to realise that Parish councils are a luxury they can't afford if they're not going to have to pay for an entire generation to live somewhere when they retire.

A generation priced out from owning a home and these nimby idiots are happy because they won't have to look at a few more semis as they drive their Range Rovers to the local village shop.

The government needs to realise that Parish councils are a luxury they can't afford if they're not going to have to pay for an entire generation to live somewhere when they retire.

I'd like to see the nimbys relieved of their second homes, forcibly if necessary. You can't even ruin the view from a house that's unoccupied for over 80% of the year.

Edited by LiveinHope

It will happen and it's not that far off.

it's taken years for this ship to turn around politically, and we are starting in the other direction now. life will get a lot worse for boomer nimbys from here on in.