House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stuckin2up2down

Park Home In Somerset For 145K

They have been coming on at those prices for a couple of years around my way. I can only imagine they hope to ensnare some utterly brainless cash buyer, since I'd guess that any surveyor carrying out a mortgage valuation would knock a zero off the end of the asking price.

Why's the welsh flag upside down on the first one ? It's hardly something you can get wrong.

Is this some kind of distress signal ?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-40653048.html

I think you'll find the £150k park homes are the ones for the paupers...

This

wtf, you can buy a solid 4 bed bungalow in that area for 280k http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38577750.html

Value is obviously derived from it being in a national park. But so what? If you were buying with a view to renting out to tourists, I think you would struggle to get your money back.

wtf, you can buy a solid 4 bed bungalow in that area for 280k http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38577750.html

Value is obviously derived from it being in a national park. But so what? If you were buying with a view to renting out to tourists, I think you would struggle to get your money back.

That bungalow sold for £185k in 2006

They could downsize to the park home with around £100k?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-40691757.html?premiumA=true

Is this a joke? These kind of things were 50k a few years ago and a 2 bed bungalow was 150k.

It has site fees from £165 a month that and council tax would be £300 if you owned it outright. Enough to rent somewhere decent in a med country.

Something is very very very wrong in the UK right now

Spitting distance from me and a few miles up the road from that park home you can buy one for £70/£80k. You wouldn't want to commute fto Bristol from here, so it's far cheaper.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51254402.html

Location, location, location.

Spitting distance from me and a few miles up the road from that park home you can buy one for £70/£80k. You wouldn't want to commute fto Bristol from here, so it's far cheaper.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51254402.html

Location, location, location.

Oh well that one is a bargain, I'll fill my boots...

Thing is these aren't even houses. Bristol over the last few years has gone crazy, really is the new london.

Oh well that one is a bargain, I'll fill my boots...

Thing is these aren't even houses. Bristol over the last few years has gone crazy, really is the new london.

What does the Bristol economy do, other than students. Cambridge area seems to have no end of m4 corridor transplants saying business has turned to crap down there over the past few years.

I've said it before, I could quite happily live in a mobile home/park home/lodge... if it wasn't for the fact that they're barely any cheaper to buy than a conventional house, they have virtually no security of tenure, they come with outrageous site fees and ridiculously restrictive rules and caveats.

What does the Bristol economy do, other than students. Cambridge area seems to have no end of m4 corridor transplants saying business has turned to crap down there over the past few years.

Seems the same as london, lots of finance, lots of students, lots of EA.

Its now super bubbly.

Finance, accountancy, legal. It's traditionally a popular place for national companies to put a back office, can be easily reached to/from London on the Great Western Main Line/M4, but they could pay less due to a westcountry cost of living. Sadly, the last few years have really put the screws on that bit.

All in all, the West of England area (formerly known as the county of Avon - basically, Bristol, Bath, and their immediate hinterlands), is the only net contributor to the UK treasury outside London. So what we do is... pay for the rest of the country :)

Whilst gnashing teeth as the local rag cheers double digit rises, that are now taking average prices to around ten times average salary.

Finance, accountancy, legal. It's traditionally a popular place for national companies to put a back office, can be easily reached to/from London on the Great Western Main Line/M4, but they could pay less due to a westcountry cost of living. Sadly, the last few years have really put the screws on that bit.

All in all, the West of England area (formerly known as the county of Avon - basically, Bristol, Bath, and their immediate hinterlands), is the only net contributor to the UK treasury outside London. So what we do is... pay for the rest of the country :)

Whilst gnashing teeth as the local rag cheers double digit rises, that are now taking average prices to around ten times average salary.

I think any competitive edge has gone now. Its close to oxford levels of overpriced housing.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmcomloc/177/177vw229.htm

hmmmmm...

submission from the Wyldecrest Parks Residents Association Alliance

A number of Residents and Residents Associations from across Wyldecrest Parks have joined forces to submit this report.

We would like to draw the Committee’s attention to a significant number of inconsistencies in Mr Best’s evidence to the Select Committee leading the Enquiry into Park homes.

The report is laid out in the following sections:

A.Misleading evidence concerning Wyldecrest Properties Ltd.

B.Misleading evidence concerning Wyldecrest Parks Ltd and other misleading information logged with Companies House.

C.Possible misrepresentation.

D.Utility provision.

E.Residents Associations.

F.Harassment and Intimidation.

G.£1,000 “deposits” and extra charges applied to residents.

H.Wyldecrest Parks Northern.

A. Misleading Evidence Concerning Wyldecrest Properties Ltd

In his evidence to the Select Committee, Mr Best after being asked a question by Bob Blackman (Q332) states that “Wyldecrest Properties limited was set up to do maintenance around the parks, and we paid them from time to time to do that”.

What Mr Best neglected to mention was that Wyldecrest Properties Limited 06914944, had for most of 2010–11 operated in the capacity of the Park owner.

Wyldecrest Properties Limited 06914944; was the company that up until the end of July 2011 (and in some cases beyond that date) many residents, Licensing Officers, Solicitors and other interested parties across England, viewed as the Park owners.

There is numerous correspondence and documentation that clearly shows that it was Mr David Sunderland, who was present at the Select Committee hearing alongside Mr Best; who dealt with the day to day operations of many of the Southern based parks on behalf of Wyldecrest Properties Limited, 06914944, from early 2010 onwards.

There are various examples of Wyldecrest Properties Limited and Mr Sunderland portraying the company as the “Site owner....

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship