House Price Crash Forum

Burnley Detached 5 Year Hpi And 5 Year Rpi Example

Catch22

HOLA441

OK it's only an example regards detached houses in one street but I think it highlights the madness of it all. Interesting to note the big increase in price from mid 2004 to mid 2005. You see the same action in the financial markets prior to a trend reversal.

Why Burnley?........... because it is one of the areas recording the latest hot HPI data HOUSE PRICES

Why Detached?.......... because most people aspire to a detached

Why RPI?...................obviously because it relative to compare all other increases compared to housing [it is all RPI Excluding Property] RPI DATA

It's for the 5 years covering June 2000 to May 2005

House price June 2000 90K

House price May 2005 230K = 140K increase= 155.55% HPI

Retail Price Index end May 2000 161.7

Retail Price Index end June 2005 173.7 = 12.00 increase= 7.42% RP inflation over those 5 years

Would be interesting to have 5 years wage inflation, anybody care to add it ?

Edited by Catch22

HOLA442

OK it's only an example regards detached houses in one street but I think it highlights the madness of it all. Interesting to note the big increase in price from mid 2004 to mid 2005. You see the same action in the financial markets prior to a trend reversal.

Why Burnley?........... because it is one of the areas recording the latest hot HPI data HOUSE PRICES

Why Detached?.......... because most people aspire to a detached

Why RPI?...................obviously because it relative to compare all other increases compared to housing [it is all RPI Excluding Property] RPI DATA

It's for the 5 years covering June 2000 to May 2005

House price June 2000 90K

House price May 2005 230K = 140K increase= 155.55% HPI

Retail Price Index end May 2000 161.7

Retail Price Index end June 2005 173.7 = 12.00 increase= 7.42% RP inflation over those 5 years

Would be interesting to have 5 years wage inflation, anybody care to add it ?

I started a post just the other day on the general state of the economy of Burnley. It is entitled House 'Repossessions And Spiralling Debt In The North'. I don't know the exact figures. However, I can tell you for certain that 'Annual wage increases' are nowhere near the annual HPI. The results can be seen in the following link:

http://www.burnleytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2...ticleID=1288077

HOLA443

I started a post just the other day on the general state of the economy of Burnley. It is entitled House 'Repossessions And Spiralling Debt In The North'. I don't know the exact figures. However, I can tell you for certain that 'Annual wage increases' are nowhere near the annual HPI. The results can be seen in the following link:

http://www.burnleytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2...ticleID=1288077

Yes I read it thanks, not nice reading.

HOLA444