House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stuckin2up2down

Oled Screen

Only a small one on an MP3 player. Looks good but the colour layers are slightly noticable (red stands very slightly forward of the others). It's several years old now though so that may be an old problem, and in any case wouldn't be noticable for a larger screen viewed from further away.

Guest eight

Check out OLED TVs in Richer Sounds or Currys and see why they're the most expensive ones!

Is Superman vs Transformers actually good if you watch it on an expensive telly then?

?Do tits look bigger?

Great contrast but hyper/ unreal colours (unless the tech has moved on)

Oled should have better colours - but, certainly with TV, the default setting is very often oversaturated to emphasise their great colour - which can look okay in a shop (where you're comparing against 'washed out' colours on the LCD next to it), but will likely become tiring after 5 mins of use.

In the settings you can usually dial things back down to normal.

These the ones where the first result on Amazon is about £12k ?!!

Might wait a bit.. :unsure:

You can get a 55" LG 4K for two and a half...

Walked past them in PCW, the lg ones, you certainly could see the difference, night scene on display did look somwhat over bold in the colour department, almost like a neon sign. Still waiting for these showrooms to pull their finger out and have decent content to display so that you can make a proper comparison of what you are actually buying as no way would I lay out a large amount of money without seeing various sources drive a display.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (bought during sale - no way would I pay the normal price for one). Its OLED screen is truly lovely.

Thats 3:4 isn't it? Not great for watching dark films and thats my main reason for wanting one. Samsung had a tab out a few years ago with amoled, was expecting more to bring them out but seems not.

Had three of them, Galaxy S2/3/5.

Good solid colours, nice and bright, but can suffer from screen burn.

This is my experience with Samsung OLED so I wouldn't buy an expensive OLED device just yet.

In that case you might want to look to the previous model Galaxy Tab S instead. It has a more "movie aspect" screen and I _think_ that's the primary difference between it and the S2. The Samsungs generally have good video codec support and slots for micro-sd cards. There is of course the normal Samsung issue of not getting Android updates for anything over a year old... They were bargain basement offers at last year's Black Friday event so could be worth a look. But to be honest the letterbox effect of watching things on the 4:3 S2 isn't too annoying as the black parts are properly black.

Thats 3:4 isn't it? Not great for watching dark films and thats my main reason for wanting one. Samsung had a tab out a few years ago with amoled, was expecting more to bring them out but seems not.