House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Flydubai Boeing 737 Crash Russia

Apparently it was a 737. Not much difference to the dead passengers, but the 787 is Boeing's latest and greatest, so if one of those crashed so soon after release it would be pretty serious for Boeing.

CCTV footage at the below link does not show an aircraft whose tail made contact first - it shoots into the ground like a rocket deliberately aimed at the ground.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3499812/Boeing-737-passenger-jet-crashes-killing-55-passengers-crew-fireball-Russian-airport.html

Edit:

Not sure whether that camera footage is showing a fireball on the way down or simply how the camera is showing the lights of the aircraft at night.

Flightradar24 has released info showing repeated acceleration and deacceleration between 200 and 300 knots before the aircraft lost altitude rapidly. Either someone set off a bomb on the second approach or someone flew that aircraft into the ground.

Why would a bomber wait until a second approach to the runway that he or she would not even assume was going to happen?

CCTV footage at the below link does not show an aircraft whose tail made contact first - it shoots into the ground like a rocket deliberately aimed at the ground.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3499812/Boeing-737-passenger-jet-crashes-killing-55-passengers-crew-fireball-Russian-airport.html

Edit:

Not sure whether that camera footage is showing a fireball on the way down or simply how the camera is showing the lights of the aircraft at night.

Flightradar24 has released info showing repeated acceleration and deacceleration between 200 and 300 knots before the aircraft lost altitude rapidly. Either someone set off a bomb on the second approach or someone flew that aircraft into the ground.

Why would a bomber wait until a second approach to the runway that he or she would not even assume was going to happen?

I saw what looks like a fireball on the underside of the plane too, there is also a reflection of it on the wet road surface you can see in the video.

The debris field is nothing but fragments thats not consistent with a landing missjudgement

it does indeed look like if was flown into the ground at high speed.

I saw what looks like a fireball on the underside of the plane too, there is also a reflection of it on the wet road surface you can see in the video.

The debris field is nothing but fragments thats not consistent with a landing missjudgement

it does indeed look like if was flown into the ground at high speed.

You've got to be a bit careful with this sort of video.

Camera angles can be a bit deceiving, and the angle of decent could have been shallower than it appears. Also, the 'fireball' could well just be the landing lights.

Happy to be proven wrong, but the information in that video doesn't necessarily give that much.

All that said, the debris field suggests a very high speed impact.

Amazing, drive your car 1 mph over the limit in some confusing speed limit zone and they get crystal clear photographic footage to fine you. Walk down the street and they get crystal clear footage of your face and can identify you from your facial features. Plane crashes at major airport and the usual grainy footage that immediately contradicts the official story. Bomb goes off in city and cctv all stops working.

Same shit different day.

Apparently it was a 737. Not much difference to the dead passengers, but the 787 is Boeing's latest and greatest, so if one of those crashed so soon after release it would be pretty serious for Boeing.

Ammended thanks.

I don't think it would make sense to detonate a bomb just as a plane was about to land (too much chance of it not work at the right time).

I guess it could have been a 'man-pad' (actually surprising there haven't been more of these types of attacks on commercial aircraft - I shouldnt curse myself by saying that though as I fly a lot!!)

Most likely though the conditions.

The RT commentator called it a 738. Seriously.

That's the official abbreviation. A Boeing 737-800 is a B738.

Never heard that before. I do know that the -800 designates the airline for which the plane was originally manufactured.

Given the insane stormy conditions, investigators are likely to consider some kind of weather impact as the main cause.

Yup Id go with this. They attempted a landing, went round due to conditions then waited for an hour and a half to see if the weather cleared. Very gusty conditions, windshear, possibly a microburst due to the storms in the area. A microburst has caused accidents before on approach where the aircraft is literally thrown into the ground.

Grainy CCTV footage showed the aircraft going down at a steep angle and exploding in a huge fireball.

Some Russian aviation experts said the steep descent seemed to indicate that the crash was not caused by the strong wind.

"It was an uncontrollable fall," Sergei Kruglikov, a veteran Russian pilot, told Russian state television.

http://news.sky.com/story/1663021/russia-plane-crash-investigators-find-black-box

Picture 6

CCTV captured a steak of light moments before the crash then a powerful explosion

Grainy CCTV footage showed the aircraft going down at a steep angle and exploding in a huge fireball.

Some Russian aviation experts said the steep descent seemed to indicate that the crash was not caused by the strong wind.

"It was an uncontrollable fall," Sergei Kruglikov, a veteran Russian pilot, told Russian state television.

http://news.sky.com/story/1663021/russia-plane-crash-investigators-find-black-box

Picture 6

CCTV captured a steak of light moments before the crash then a powerful explosion

Unless they know what angle the camera was to the approach/runway, they have no way of knowing, from the video, if the descent was steep or not.

Unless they know what angle the camera was to the approach/runway, they have no way of knowing, from the video, if the descent was steep or not.

I think the road, the car travelling along the road and the trees are more than enough to tell you that the aircraft came down at about a 45 degree angle.

I hope they figure it out and that they are truthful with the public when they do.

First couple of seconds on this video:

that does not look like an attempt at landing, more of a nose dive I to the ground.

Though obviously it could still be caused by the conditions.

that does not look like an attempt at landing, more of a nose dive I to the ground.

Though obviously it could still be caused by the conditions.

windsheer could do that,

there you are at 500 feet, 120Knots airspeed, drop 50 feet into reverse direction air mass and your airspeed suddenly becomes 80knots...you stall, there is no chance to recover. Its rare, but it is known.