House Price Crash Forum

Am I Being Too Tight?

HOLA441

I ordered two pairs of trainers from Amazon at about 5AM this morning. Just checked online now and noticed that they have dropped the price of the trainer by 0.93p each - or £1.86 in total.

Am I being too tight to log onto Amazon and ask them to refund me the difference?

HOLA442
HOLA443

I just logged onto their chat and asked them for a refund. They agreed - said it was special circumstances, blah, blah - but then they came back and said they could not do it immmediately because the items are in dispatch mode.

They asked me to contact them again once I get the dispatch confirmation email and then apparently they will be able to refund the difference.

I know it is only £1.86 but it is still a cuppa or someway towards a pint.

I managed to get a pair of trainers which are normally £75ish to £80ish online, and over a £100 in most shops, for just £23.53 due to my shoe size being 12.5. So I ordered two pairs. That left one pair in stock and I was expecting it to go up in price not down.

HOLA444

Well if you already got a bargain, just let it go. Some you win some you lose, something I bought on amazon last month has doubled in price. Swings and roundabouts :)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I just logged onto their chat and asked them for a refund. They agreed - said it was special circumstances, blah, blah - but then they came back and said they could not do it immmediately because the items are in dispatch mode.

They asked me to contact them again once I get the dispatch confirmation email and then apparently they will be able to refund the difference.

I know it is only £1.86 but it is still a cuppa or someway towards a pint.

I managed to get a pair of trainers which are normally £75ish to £80ish online, and over a £100 in most shops, for just £23.53 due to my shoe size being 12.5. So I ordered two pairs. That left one pair in stock and I was expecting it to go up in price not down.

Maybe you should save talking about your shoe size for the bakery aisle.

HOLA449

Well I went against my better judgement and decided to get a body fat analyser etc etc scale, but the second time I used it the screen was dead. Bought more batteries, but no joy. Sticking with the old mechanical scale that we have now :)

HOLA4410

Maybe you should save talking about your shoe size for the bakery aisle.

Bizarrely, over the years it is amazing how many women's eyes have lit up, or ears pricked up (no pun intended.), when, for whatever reason, the size of my feet has popped up (again, no pun intended.).

Women clearly believe it.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I wanted a scary rabbit avatar, but I got Sooty instead!

Well I went to the avatar shop looking for a cute fluffy avatar, but all they had left were the scary rabbits and pictures of estate agents rolling in money. It was a no brainer ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Well I went to the avatar shop looking for a cute fluffy avatar, but all they had left were the scary rabbits and pictures of estate agents rolling in money. It was a no brainer ;)

I've been here for too long. And I have never changed my avatar.

HOLA4421

You will be proud of me - I got the £1.86 back :D

Invest it wiseley. With a bit of capital gain you could afford to own a parking space in Balham.

HOLA4422

You will be proud of me - I got the £1.86 back :D

Amazon are good with the customer service. It's what keeps me going back.

I've been here for too long. And I have never changed my avatar.

I've been lurking around mostly since 2008, but I only upgraded to members yesterday :)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Hey, give Mr Pin his scary rabbit back!

I thought about the rabbit avatar, but I think I am more of a bear!

Archived