House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shindigger

Bt /yahoo Email ******ery.

I am a user of BTs "premium mail" service. Meaning i have been paying them £1.60 a month for my legacy email address from way back before they charged for such things on dial up.

They have written to me today telling me that this service is going up to £5 a month from May.

Its fairly clear from the tone of the message that they'd like to see the back of me anyway, and i'm happy to oblige if its costing £60 a year for an email address.

Someone has to pay for all the football they're screening i guess.

I have already activated and updated GMail etc and have set up forwarding both ways (i think).

I have years of archive tied up in my mails and would like continued access. I am currently running Mailstore which is archiving all my old mails.

My question:

Once BT pull the plug on this account, will access to my old mails be denied? And moreover, will this new Mailstore archive still work?

Also, I gather that i can upload the archive to my new email programme. Is that the case?

Anybody used Mailstore or any other progs that will do the job?

Cheers.

Once the account is cancelled, your old e-mails stored on that account will be deleted and any new e-mails to that address will be rejected as unknown recipient.

Mailstore is one option to archive all your e-mails; this will download all the e-mails from the account and store a copy of them on your computer. If you use a mail program like thunderbird, then you can export the whole mailstore into thunderbird for easy access of new and old e-mails.

I don't know about uploading the mailstore onto the gmail account - I suspect you can't do that, but that is unlikely to be necessary.

Once the account is cancelled, your old e-mails stored on that account will be deleted and any new e-mails to that address will be rejected as unknown recipient.

Mailstore is one option to archive all your e-mails; this will download all the e-mails from the account and store a copy of them on your computer. If you use a mail program like thunderbird, then you can export the whole mailstore into thunderbird for easy access of new and old e-mails.

I don't know about uploading the mailstore onto the gmail account - I suspect you can't do that, but that is unlikely to be necessary.

Thanks a lot.

Mailstore is currently chomping through 8 years of emails. I will let you know if GMail plays nicely.

Will look in to Thunderbird.

I am a user of BTs "premium mail" service. Meaning i have been paying them £1.60 a month for my legacy email address from way back before they charged for such things on dial up.

They have written to me today telling me that this service is going up to £5 a month from May.

Its fairly clear from the tone of the message that they'd like to see the back of me anyway, and i'm happy to oblige if its costing £60 a year for an email address.

Someone has to pay for all the football they're screening i guess.

I have already activated and updated GMail etc and have set up forwarding both ways (i think).

I have years of archive tied up in my mails and would like continued access. I am currently running Mailstore which is archiving all my old mails.

My question:

Once BT pull the plug on this account, will access to my old mails be denied? And moreover, will this new Mailstore archive still work?

Also, I gather that i can upload the archive to my new email programme. Is that the case?

Anybody used Mailstore or any other progs that will do the job?

Cheers.

I still have a BT account, but it is included due to my broadband. I assume you aren't on BT broadband.

To be honest, at that price, I look to migrate to Office 365. I pay about £8 per month for myself and my wife, and you get loads more apps and storage as well.

I still have a BT account, but it is included due to my broadband. I assume you aren't on BT broadband.

To be honest, at that price, I look to migrate to Office 365. I pay about £8 per month for myself and my wife, and you get loads more apps and storage as well.

No i dont have BT Broadband. But i do have a 365 account thats gone dormant. I will maybe revive that if this doesnt work out.

Thanks