House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Polls Putting Labour Equal/ahead Of Tories

Labour was polling about 11% ahead after the equivalent poll in the last Parliament. That ended well. Even ICM are a bit tentative about their own poll: http://www.icmunlimited.com/media-centre/media-center/guardian-poll-march-2016.

Labour needs to be a long way ahead of the Tories at the next election, more so once the boundary changes are taken into account.

Labour was polling about 11% ahead after the equivalent poll in the last Parliament. That ended well. Even ICM are a bit tentative about their own poll: http://www.icmunlimited.com/media-centre/media-center/guardian-poll-march-2016.

Labour needs to be a long way ahead of the Tories at the next election, more so once the boundary changes are taken into account.

Ah, but is this poll using their new methods?

If they admit previous polling pre GE was flawed, is this poll using some revised method?

ICM's revised methodology appears to be a work-in-progress, hence their nervousness about this one.

My point is that Labour has to be a long way ahead, not in the polls, but in actual votes, to win the next election. Even if this poll is accurate, if it were reflected in a General Election the Conservatives would have a healthy majority.

Ah, but is this poll using their new methods?

If they admit previous polling pre GE was flawed, is this poll using some revised method?

maybe their new method is to not allow the poll to be biased, by the people who carrying out the poll want to win the election. Edited by reddog

I'm centre right wing. But I'm not a disabled-person basher. And seeing that happen whilst retirees are showered with money makes me sick. Surely I can't be alone.

I'm ashamed to say I voted Conservative but mainly as they seemed to be a better alternative than Bliars NuLab cronies. Anything was better than that. But enough is enough of the Toryboy mentality and time for a change now. I'd willingly vote for Corbyn and Labour. This would be the first time I would have voted Labour in my life. I couldn't stand Kinnock either although Callaghan wasn't too bad. Foot was just odd. Have I missed anyone out? :unsure: Good on IDS. There are probably a few more on the backbenches who are more like him than the posh boys at the helm.

I'm centre right wing. But I'm not a disabled-person basher. And seeing that happen whilst retirees are showered with money makes me sick. Surely I can't be alone.

Im OK with the concept of disability - shit1 happens, society is good at providing insurance for the unfortunate.

However the current disability system has evolved into a joke.

None of the centre right wing parties (including the PLP vestige of New Labour) will ever allow a housing price correction. Best hope for that would be a clean out of the remaining Tory Lite Labour MPs and a Labour win or coalition.

I'm ashamed to say I voted Conservative but mainly as they seemed to be a better alternative than Bliars NuLab cronies. Anything was better than that. But enough is enough of the Toryboy mentality and time for a change now. I'd willingly vote for Corbyn and Labour. This would be the first time I would have voted Labour in my life. I couldn't stand Kinnock either although Callaghan wasn't too bad. Foot was just odd. Have I missed anyone out? :unsure: Good on IDS. There are probably a few more on the backbenches who are more like him than the posh boys at the helm.

John Smith. Probably bumped off.

It never fails to amaze to see how after every general election going back years (even decades) how the incumbent part of the LibLabCon whether it be Lab, Con, ConLib or LabLib sooner or later the incumbent becomes unpopular (this time it seems sooner) and then there's a drive back towards the other wings of the LibLabCon or some variant thereof. It must be some sort of subliminal/blatant buggins turn propaganda ploy the way it always works. That and the gerrymandering etc of course.

Realistically once they get in there's little or no difference in their policies - except for some tinkering around the edges.

Edited by billybong

Didn't the Tories create the situation whereby it became so difficult on JSA (sanctions etc.) that thousands escaped on to disability benefits ?

Where you get humans you also get guaranteed unexpected complications.

Only psychopaths are surprised.

One of the things that shocked me about PIP's when my wife claimed it was how wasteful the assessment system is. Almost half of claims are approved at appeal, which suggests many claims are wrongly turned down. To my surprise up to the point we challenged the DWP to go to court, they hadn't actually bothered to look at my wife's medical records which had clear proof of her condition. We were told over the phone ' oh no we don't have time to look at medical records' - despite the fact it took them 9 months to start to look at the claim.

The Atos assessments are a joke - people have been turned down in the thousands only to die a few days later of ill health. I voted Tory in 2010, and I'm now ashamed that I did. Never again - these people have blood on their hands. The most vulnerable who don't know how to fill in hundreds of pages of forms simply are left to die. No civilised society should treat the disabled like this. Cutting corporation tax and paying for it by hitting the disabled is just disgraceful and unnecessary.

Didn't the Tories create the situation whereby it became so difficult on JSA (sanctions etc.) that thousands escaped on to disability benefits ?

Where you get humans you also get guaranteed unexpected complications.

Only psychopaths are surprised.

It's also true that Nu Labour shifted a lot of jobseekers ONTO disability benefits to reduce the unemployment total. I have heard first hand accounts of this in the past.