House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

The Ea Rounds

OK I have recently done the rounds of EA's to judge the market. As it is coming up to Christmas they are not very busy so had time to chat a little more than normal.

Here is a general summary

Sales down from about 12 a week/month (can't remember which) to 3-4 a week/month these last few months.

Lots of viewings but very few offers.

It's dead all over

Vendors have unrealistic expectations

Some FTB's are unrealistic - refuse to look at lower range property or ex council - would rather not buy than buy lower grade property. Will not look outside the area - but crucially - will not look at city centre apartments!!

Expect lots of new properties in January/February as couples splitting up wait until after Christmas before putting the house on the market.

Vendors asking prices are unrealistic - will not see that selling price is what people will pay not what the valuation is. Some asking prices are off the wall.

The bottom has fallen out of the market. It has come to a standstill - vendors won't lower prices - buyers won't buy at the price. The area will drop through the floor.

I asked one EA about a specific property that was on their board but I didn't recall seeing it on rightmove or in the local newspaper. They told me it had already been sold months ago and where just filling up blank spaces with old property.

So all is well then!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Some FTB's are unrealistic - refuse to look at lower range property or ex council - would rather not buy than buy lower grade property. Will not look outside the area - but crucially - will not look at city centre apartments!!

Not paying top whack for a decrepit ex-council flat next to a crack den sounds pretty realistic to me, it is agents and vendors who are being unrealistic in expecting them to do so.

Not paying top whack for a decrepit ex-council flat next to a crack den sounds pretty realistic to me, it is agents and vendors who are being unrealistic in expecting them to do so.

I must say I am on the buyers side with this one too.

I know the estate mentioned and to be honest it is that bad that you could probably get offered a house on there buy the council quicker than you could save up a deposit and arrange a mortgage to buy one!!

It may be unrealistic in the current market but its also very sensible.