House Price Crash Forum
stuckin2up2down

Thoughts On This Land And Barn In South Bristol (Chew Magna)

Location wise its perfect for me, it is split up in to several lots and if they go for asking i'd just be able to afford them and then not be able to afford a conversion.

It's just outside the AONB so I guess planning maybe possible? But with so much land I should be able to put up something temporary and move if it gets any attention.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39359271.html

Just another greedy farmer selling off, I guess.

If it seems too good to be true, it is. i.e. If the vendor (or their advisors) thought there was a hope in hell of getting planning permission, would the guide price be $60,000 rather than $300,000?

Just another greedy farmer selling off, I guess.

If it seems too good to be true, it is. i.e. If the vendor (or their advisors) thought there was a hope in hell of getting planning permission, would the guide price be $60,000 rather than $300,000?

If they had PP it would be on for 900k

I guess its not worth the gamble. Even though the big builders get permission to build on green belt my chances of getting permision to convert on GB are probably slim.

I still do want to do this, but maybe for something about 10-15k. Wouldn't take long of living on the land to save money over renting.

You will never get planning to convert that to residential. The best you could do is cunningly do it up, live in it for 7 years then get planning retrospectively. Good luck on that.

You will never get planning to convert that to residential. The best you could do is cunningly do it up, live in it for 7 years then get planning retrospectively. Good luck on that.

Not sure that 7 years would be much good - that guy had to demolish his mock Tudor thing.

I did think the laws relaxed on converting an existing building to res.

I thought they had loosened the laws on converting farm building to residential, leaving it up to the council, based on location\access etc. I've seen lots of adds from developers wanting to buy up farm buildings.

I thought they had loosened the laws on converting farm building to residential, leaving it up to the council, based on location\access etc. I've seen lots of adds from developers wanting to buy up farm buildings.

I thought the same. I think this might me difficult for this one - near AONB and green belt.

Haven't checked this out beyond the Rightmove listing and I'm no expert.. but it's either in, or not in, an AONB / greenbelt. Being "near" to it doesn't really affect it, the divisions AFAIK are very clear, unlike say listed curtilage.

It looks too small to be suitable for expansion under Class Q/MB rules, I believe you can only extend the footprint by a certain amount. Unless you want to build a little 2 bedroom house. The other option would be to go for NPPF 55 type , basically a super-special eco house etc that can be built in a lot of places where other dwellings cannot... But it's a bit of a minefield and takes ages.