House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R K

Daily Mash - Good Times Are Over

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/last-three-years-retroactively-classified-as-good-times-that-are-now-over-20160316107207

George Osborne said that the 2013-2016 ‘Era of Plenty’, which according to official records being amended today began on April 16th 2013, are over because of our own greed.

He continued: “We have all spent the last three years dressed in designer labels, gorging in Michelin-starred restaurants, splashing out thousands on high-end electronic goods we didn’t even know how to use.

“It was like The Great Gatsby. But that’s all gone now. Wages are going down, inflation’s going right up, and God help you if you squandered your opportunity to buy a house.

You know the daily mash is like, er, a parody?

There was no house buying opportunity for normal people. That's why it's 'funny'.

You dont say.......

When you post stuff about safe bets and credit cycles

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/208049-calling-the-top/page-2#entry1102897557

I have to take your highlighting at face value.

#justsaying

Pity sakes.......

Read it, dont read it, interpret the world any way you wish. Your perception doesnt really have anything to do with me does it.

Sort of nails it.

The idea that the UK could recover from that idiot Brown's attempt to send 20 years money in 5 years by just tweaking some odd ands sods and hoping growth will come back and everything will sort itself self.

Said it at the time, he should have stood away and let property crash in 2010.

They could have put the blame on Brown.

They should have started rolllng back TCs by bumping up the hours and reducing the money by just 5%, year in, year out.

Sort of nails it.

The idea that the UK could recover from that idiot Brown's attempt to send 20 years money in 5 years by just tweaking some odd ands sods and hoping growth will come back and everything will sort itself self.

Said it at the time, he should have stood away and let property crash in 2010.

They could have put the blame on Brown.

They should have started rolllng back TCs by bumping up the hours and reducing the money by just 5%, year in, year out.

Some of that may have been discussed at the time, but coalition doesn't make it so easy.

Not defending them too hard, but in any case they appear to perhaps be aware of what's coming and trying not to have everything tumble down at once because of something they do...... Which is ironic.

In any vein of life, simply pushing the self destruct button to start all over doesn't tend to feature too high on anybody's to do list.

In politics everything must be disguised to the majority.

Some of that may have been discussed at the time, but coalition doesn't make it so easy.

Not defending them too hard, but in any case they appear to perhaps be aware of what's coming and trying not to have everything tumble down at once because of something they do...... Which is ironic.

In any vein of life, simply pushing the self destruct button to start all over doesn't tend to feature too high on anybody's to do list.

Well, sort of.

There's always going to be an element of not seeking new problems and hopin a few years of GDP + wage growth will balance things out a bit.

That was never going to work post-2008 - the spendign was so far from normal/sane.

Then you had stuff like IO mortgages and reams + reams of debt.

In the 80s you have people who'd spent a bit too much on housing.

2008 saw whenre you have people who spent on 10 houses and then not bothered with a repayment method.

Letting the current state of affairs is dragging down income and growth. Throw the over leveraged dummies under the wheels and let younger people buy their BTL and OO properties.

Guest eight

Hell I'm no conservative by any means but given the hand they were dealt, and chained to the libdems, I thought they did OK at maintaining an air of confidence and keeping the plates spinning. I was surprised but pleased, despite myself, that they got themselves re-elected.

Pity sakes.......

Read it, dont read it, interpret the world any way you wish. Your perception doesnt really have anything to do with me does it.

Why bother posting then?

You want people to read it, you want people to infer from it what you intend them to;Presumably for your own amusement. Ive only been here 5 minutes and you're on my ignore list as a troll. It should be a forum default setting.

Why bother posting then?

You want people to read it, you want people to infer from it what you intend them to;Presumably for your own amusement. Ive only been here 5 minutes and you're on my ignore list as a troll. It should be a forum default setting.

RK isn't a troll.

An thoroughly unpleasant individual, but not a troll.

Are you the same SimonSays off that BTL forum?

RK isn't a troll.

Potato, erm.. potato.

No I'm not on another forum, didnt realise anyone else had the name.

RK isn't a troll.

I dont mind RK

You know the daily mash is like, er, a parody?

There was no house buying opportunity for normal people. That's why it's 'funny'.

I think you are missing the genius of R K's self-satire. He emphasises the end of the sentence, but with which words does the sentence begin? "Wages are going down". It's a bit like Being John Malkovich. The artist becomes the art.

I think you are missing the genius of R K's self-satire. He emphasises the end of the sentence, but with which words does the sentence begin? "Wages are going down". It's a bit like Being John Malkovich. The artist becomes the art.

All I need, a little discourage.