House Price Crash Forum

Turbo Htb South West?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Me too. I'm on the northern edge of the SW and round here the bloody prices have almost kept pace with London. We don't need any more "help" coming along.

The roads and rails tell you what you need to know.

The border between southwest and southeast is Exeter, where the infrastructure (like the motorway and fast railway) ends. Anywhere north/east of that is southeast England. Or outer London.

HOLA444

The roads and rails tell you what you need to know.

The border between southwest and southeast is Exeter, where the infrastructure (like the motorway and fast railway) ends. Anywhere north/east of that is southeast England. Or outer London.

You've not been to Wiltshire for a while then :rolleyes:

HOLA445
HOLA446

Policy Paper, Budget2016

The government will provide £60 million to enable community-led housing developments in rural and coastal communities, including through Community Land Trusts, where the impact of second homes is particularly acute. The South West will receive around £20 million of this funding.

It looks like it might be available for self-build groups?

HOLA447

the houses sold through these schemes generally don't seem that cheap, although they are restricted to people in the local parish or next over. They seem to sit on the market for ages until a local pays top whack for them.

the only Benefit from the budget is the increase in supply which doesn't hurt. Although we all know loose/reckless lending and BTL are the real drivers of HPI.

so yeah. Good for the southwest. If only I didn't have to drive an hour to work, as the local housing scheme only helps those who have lived in the same parish for so many years.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Oh dear. Homes in second-home-land.

I periodically see something that looks really gorgeous appear on rightmove/zoopla at a price I could contemplate. Of course there's always a catch. Sometimes it's the Duchy of Cornwall places where the £250k asking gets you a ten year lease during which you also pay £500/month rent. But more usually the catch is that the place has a restrictive clause, that it MUST be used only as a holiday home, no full-time residents allowed.