House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jiltedjen

Turbo Htb South West?

seen this mentioned a few times anyone have more details, as a cornwallian/Devonian person I'm interested to hear more about this particular prop?

Me too. I'm on the northern edge of the SW and round here the bloody prices have almost kept pace with London. We don't need any more "help" coming along.

The roads and rails tell you what you need to know.

The border between southwest and southeast is Exeter, where the infrastructure (like the motorway and fast railway) ends. Anywhere north/east of that is southeast England. Or outer London.

The roads and rails tell you what you need to know.

The border between southwest and southeast is Exeter, where the infrastructure (like the motorway and fast railway) ends. Anywhere north/east of that is southeast England. Or outer London.

You've not been to Wiltshire for a while then :rolleyes:

Something about 'community land trusts' in the south west of England

no idea what this is, but it's 'to help young families onto the ladder''

* shudders at the fake concept at a housing ladder *

Policy Paper, Budget2016

The government will provide £60 million to enable community-led housing developments in rural and coastal communities, including through Community Land Trusts, where the impact of second homes is particularly acute. The South West will receive around £20 million of this funding.

It looks like it might be available for self-build groups?

the houses sold through these schemes generally don't seem that cheap, although they are restricted to people in the local parish or next over. They seem to sit on the market for ages until a local pays top whack for them.

the only Benefit from the budget is the increase in supply which doesn't hurt. Although we all know loose/reckless lending and BTL are the real drivers of HPI.

so yeah. Good for the southwest. If only I didn't have to drive an hour to work, as the local housing scheme only helps those who have lived in the same parish for so many years.

It looks like it might be available for self-build groups?

What's a 'self build group'?

Set up a trust or something and get a load of people to build ourselves cheap houses? help of free gov money?

Oh dear. Homes in second-home-land.

I periodically see something that looks really gorgeous appear on rightmove/zoopla at a price I could contemplate. Of course there's always a catch. Sometimes it's the Duchy of Cornwall places where the £250k asking gets you a ten year lease during which you also pay £500/month rent. But more usually the catch is that the place has a restrictive clause, that it MUST be used only as a holiday home, no full-time residents allowed.