House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newaccount99

Congratulations On Taking Your First Step....

......towards creating wealth through property investment.

Read the letter through my door this morning. I'm sure the sentence is quite accurate albeit that the wealth creating opportunity would not necessarily be in my favour but rather the writer of the letter.

Yep I signed myself up for the free workshop by that well known property investment company for the new year. Do I take some handouts from this site or do I just sit back and enjoy the show with my complementary coffee and chocolate hob-nob?

I reckon this organisiation, which is king of the property equivilant of Ostrich farming scams, is in it's last year of trading so I thought I'd indulge myself in some of the speakers hubris before it folded. Its hopes of IPO are fading rapidly and it's two revenue streams:

1) Finders fees on pushing overpriced off-plan new-build crap at a "discount" and

2) Education in how to enjoy and make the most of being scammed by 1)

drying up fast.

So what's the vote on how long they've got before they cease trading? Personally I'm backing a closing shop window around October '06.....any other bets ladies and gents?

......towards creating wealth through property investment.

Read the letter through my door this morning. I'm sure the sentence is quite accurate albeit that the wealth creating opportunity would not necessarily be in my favour but rather the writer of the letter.

Yep I signed myself up for the free workshop by that well known property investment company for the new year. Do I take some handouts from this site or do I just sit back and enjoy the show with my complementary coffee and chocolate hob-nob?

I reckon this organisiation, which is king of the property equivilant of Ostrich farming scams, is in it's last year of trading so I thought I'd indulge myself in some of the speakers hubris before it folded. Its hopes of IPO are fading rapidly and it's two revenue streams:

1) Finders fees on pushing overpriced off-plan new-build crap at a "discount" and

2) Education in how to enjoy and make the most of being scammed by 1)

drying up fast.

So what's the vote on how long they've got before they cease trading? Personally I'm backing a closing shop window around October '06.....any other bets ladies and gents?

Dennis the speaker, (a cross between Kenny Craig and Shirley Ghostman) actually declared last week in L`pool that the IPO had been shelved in light of SIPPS :P Marvelous. As you may know I attended 2 of the last intro. worshops, had to get out of the first one after 2 hours. I expected/was led to believe there would be a Q&A near the end of hour 3 when I went back for the second time, it didn`t materialise :angry:

With hindsight I`d just keep popping up my hand or being vocal throughout. The common mistake at these workshops is the belief that most in the audience believe him, in fact it`s quite the opposite, the majority are bearish, it would not be too difficult to de-bunk I.T. there and then IMHO.

I estimate approx. 5 signed up last week out of an audience of 100. If they convince 20 per week they`ll still be in business for some time to come methinks :(

Ah,

but the audience is full of shills, who are used as judas goats to turn the crowd.

There were plants at the Manchester gig, Jenny and Jonny, they were actors, of that I`m certain. As for L`pool my only suspicion was the slight rush to get to the back of the room after the three hours. I would guesstimate that a few were plants as they appeared to be signing up immediately. Still reckon 5ish were genuinely signing up...Jeez how much would you need paying to sit through 3 hours of that several times a week? Having said that, I`ve paid to watch Everton attempt to play football for 3 hours in the last week....there`s a bit of a mug in all of us :P

PS Bubb, what`s a shill?

Edited by Converted Lurker

Ah,

but the audience is full of shills, who are used as judas goats to turn the crowd.

shills/judas goats

Well that's two words/phrases I haven't heard of before......but having now looked them up on the web.....I can say exactly right. Didn't you think those 5 people who signed up were just a little too quick to part with their cash? Most people put more consideration into buying their daily newspaper than those 5 that dashed to the sign-up desk.

shills/judas goats

Well that's two words/phrases I haven't heard of before......but having now looked them up on the web.....I can say exactly right. Didn't you think those 5 people who signed up were just a little too quick to part with their cash? Most people put more consideration into buying their daily newspaper than those 5 that dashed to the sign-up desk.

There was approx 15-20 that made their way to the back of the room, another 3 or 4 struck up conversation with the speaker. I stayed a short while to see how many were genuinely done a number on. I reckon they sold to approx. 5