House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Today's Guardian Front Page: Housing Crisis... But Not For All

I've been on this site long enough to remember when we would have cheered an article like this getting a third of a column on page 22 of the Financial Times. The plight of the priced out and the greed of those who have benefitted from the Bubble is finally front page news.

Guest BillyNI

Don't forget all the money he gets for being on the board of the companies he helped out for 100s of millions when he was in power.

The man is worse than Thatcher in that at least she was clear what she was.

Don't forget all the money he gets for being on the board of the companies he helped out for 100s of millions when he was in power.

At least he's finally realised that everyone hates him. I saw something in the Metro the other day about how he's not going to get involved in the referendum because he's unpopular.

Mass Murderer

Banker

BTLer

Politician

Lawyer

Is he going for the full house?

it's all OK as Cherie keeps banging on about how moral they both are. What with being a human rights lawyer.

Mass Murderer

Banker

BTLer

Politician

Lawyer

Is he going for the full house?

I'm sure the Devil will have the prongs of his fork sharpened in readiness for these two parasites when their time is up.

She did and said a few unpalatteable things when PM but at least housing was more attainable.

No BTl back then. Even not so much council housing was sold off compared to the present day.

It is unbelievable that he was the leader of the Labour party and UK prime minister.

I have to say I don't think there are many people, even in politics, who could be so hypocritical and shameless at the same time.

There are not many words that can adequately describe the Blairs. One is scum and the other the forum software will filter out.

Edited by bubbleturbo

People who bang on about their superior morals wind me up. We all aspire to behaving morally, it's engrained from birth, you don't become more moral by banging on about it, or assuage for your failures.

People who bang on about their superior morals wind me up. We all aspire to behaving morally, it's engrained from birth, you don't become more moral by banging on about it, or assuage for your failures.

I really don't understand everyone's problem - He's a smart man who has reached the pinnacle of his profession (who on this site can say that). He's in demand for his advice and services ,albeit the connection to government is a little too strong, its the same thing countless others would do in his position. His wife is a partner of a law firm that means she probably earns £1m+ a year. Owning a few flats as an investment is hardly grounds to call him the Devil...

I'm sure he's much wealthier and most his wealth comes through his connections and advice. Not sure how this is different to any profession. He might be a bit smug, but does anyone think altruistic people go into politics to "serve"...are you people in some sort of Disney version of reality. Grow up. You and any one else on the planet make a living through some form of service or product. It probably harms some people and does good for others whilst also damaging the environment...

What do you want? A politician who is not human? A computer?

Edited by katchytitle

Guest BillyNI

What I would have liked is someone who paid attention to the 1.5 million people marching on the streets of London and so didn't start an unwanted war.

That would have been good. Instead he did what the Americans wanted and not what we the people wanted.

I really don't understand everyone's problem - He's a smart man who has reached the pinnacle of his profession (who on this site can say that). He's in demand for his advice and services ,albeit the connection to government is a little too strong, its the same thing countless others would do in his position. His wife is a partner of a law firm that means she probably earns £1m+ a year. Owning a few flats as an investment is hardly grounds to call him the Devil...

I'm sure he's much wealthier and most his wealth comes through his connections and advice. Not sure how this is different to any profession. He might be a bit smug, but does anyone think altruistic people go into politics to "serve"...are you people in some sort of Disney version of reality. Grow up. You and any one else on the planet make a living through some form of service or product. It probably harms some people and does good for others whilst also damaging the environment...

Because It used to be the whole point of this site.?

He trashed the conservatives for a decade, and simultaneously there is a desperation, by the tribal politics numpties, to cover ar5e by heaping blame for the 30 year mess we just can't keep from making worse, on New Labour alone.

Good on the Guardian for directly linking smug hpi with the collapse in prospects for the young, if not the country, not only on the same page but the front page.

Who knows maybe one of LibLabConKip will start looking at this with shame and resolve.

It's the hypocrisy I can't abide. Pretending to be on the side of the common man whilst not giving a s***.

How's about a politician who isn't a smug, self serving c**t?

What I would have liked is someone who paid attention to the 1.5 million people marching on the streets of London and so didn't start an unwanted war.

That would have been good. Instead he did what the Americans wanted and not what we the people wanted.

I don't think it was just because of the Yanks. IMO he saw himself as a sort of cross between Jesus and a rock star - he wanted adulation - he thought the grateful Iraqis would bless him forever and be queueing up to kiss the hem of his garment.