House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Saying 'english' Is Racist?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/12/man-sentenced-for-racial-abuse-after-calling-parking-warden-english-5748769/

During a heated exchange Akhlaghi, 35, pushed the warden in the back, swore at him and called him ‘English’, the Hull Daily Mail reports.

Last month, Akhlaghi pleaded guilty to the racial abuse of the warden, though he argued at his sentencing that it was not racially-aggravated.

The establishment view seems to be that using any kind of descriptor is racist where there are racial or national differences between the two people.

So if you have a green-skinned Martian the calling them a git before hitting them will get you a lesser penalty than calling them a green git or a Martian git.

Taking this case if the traffic warden had called him an Iranian git then he would have received a penalty so it equalises it for the Iranian to receive a penalty for calling him an English git.

It is all very very silly indeed.

People certainly get into trouble for doing that in Scotland. If there's a parking dispute or something and one of the participants addresses the other as "You English c***" then it's not going to go down well with the police ...

Silly it is, and he did get a parking ticket. :(

People certainly get into trouble for doing that in Scotland. If there's a parking dispute or something and one of the participants addresses the other as "You English c***" then it's not going to go down well with the police ...

People didn't notice I was English during my time in Scotland, as I was nude! :blink:

I would've noticed. Nude or not. You'd be the one with the blue extremities!

What with the weather up there, I didn't look Jamaican.

"Akhlaghi’s duty solicitor said: ‘Being involved in this case has assisted him, as he has been put on the right track. He hopes to start work at his cousin’s takeaway soon.’"

Been here since 2009.What has he been doing for money?

During a heated exchange ......, pushed the warden in the back, swore at him and called him ‘English’

Interesting that the story (and apparently the court) focused on the words spoken rather than the physical assault. If he'd said nothing and just carried out the assault what would have been the outcome.

So what if you deliberately call them what they are not? For example, 'You ******ing eskimo" "You ******ing Albatross"

Just underlines the insanity of PC base law.

Also underlines how everyone with any assets needs to have some hidden away from the powers that be in case they decide you are a criminal and ruin your life. No wonder they hate bitcoin.

So what if you deliberately call them what they are not? For example, 'You ******ing eskimo" "You ******ing Albatross"

Just underlines the insanity of PC base law.

Also underlines how everyone with any assets needs to have some hidden away from the powers that be in case they decide you are a criminal and ruin your life. No wonder they hate bitcoin.

You ****ing Muppet will probably be regarded as 'puppetist'.

I tend to call people a wazzock. Or a numpty.

I am numptyist

The establishment view seems to be that using any kind of descriptor is racist where there are racial or national differences between the two people.

This.

Rather than appear hypocritical by only applying it for certain groups they are forced to apply it globally.

Which instead just illustrates more effectively what a ridiculous farce whole idea is.

Anyone who wants to call Libspero an English, Irish, Welsh, Indian or Mexican [insert expletive] is most welcome to.

I seem to remember that the person who stabbed Steven Lawrence said something along the lines of "what what ni**er?" thereby making it the crime of the century, and, most importantly, a racist murder!!!

The gang had stabbed a white bloke the week before, so it seems, the full horror of the Steven Lawrence case and why it was the most heinous horrendous crime since...well, ever, hung on what they said just before stabbing him.

If he'd just said "oi c**t" before stabbing Steven Lawrence, I suppose its possible we might never have heard of the case.

I seem to remember that the person who stabbed Steven Lawrence said something along the lines of "what what ni**er?" thereby making it the crime of the century, and, most importantly, a racist murder!!!

The gang had stabbed a white bloke the week before, so it seems, the full horror of the Steven Lawrence case and why it was the most heinous horrendous crime since...well, ever, hung on what they said just before stabbing him.

If he'd just said "oi c**t" before stabbing Steven Lawrence, I suppose its possible we might never have heard of the case.

That's probably correct.

I'm glad they got banged up but the publicity was out of all proportion to the crime; fatal stabbings do happen fairly often in London but the only other victim I can name is Damilola Taylor; the case was particularly bad because of his young age. Johanna Dennehy (?spelling) is the only other knife murderer that I can think off and she killed several men and boasted about it.

Is that true? Can you provide a link / backup?

Jock, I'd be most disappointed if you couldn't call me a sassenach. With optional adjective to suit the occasion.

Is that true? Can you provide a link / backup?

This the account I've read which I think is better and more informed than anything you can find in the papers:

http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/cs05.pdf

PREFACE xiii

"In a phone call made to the police at 1.50 p.m., David Norris and Neil Acourt were named by an anonymous informant. They were described as members of a knife-carrying and bullying gang that might have been involved in the stabbing of the night before. Other anonymous messages, received through various channels in the course of the day, contained accusations that the Acourts and their gang had stabbed other people to death in the past, white and black, and were responsible now for the death of Stephen Lawrence. An informant came to Eltham police station on Friday evening and identified himself. He was another who named the Acourt gang as the murderers of two local youths, Stacey Benefield (a white man) and Rohit Duggal. The informant said that he suspected that the Acourts, David Norris, and two other youths had killed Stephen Lawrence the night before. An anonymous woman phoned at 9 p.m. The notes of the conversation say that she accused two boys known as the Krays of murdering Stacey Benefield, and said that they might be involved in the murder of Stephen Lawrence."

Page 51

The fact that it was a racist attack was established beyond doubt by the fact that one or more of Stephen Lawrence’s attackers had shouted ‘What, what! Ni**er!’ The police ‘kept saying are you sure they said “What, what! Ni**er!”’ He remembered someone saying, ‘You know what this means if you are telling the truth?’

Asterix's above added by me

Page 73

The mentality of four of the five prime suspects and their circle is wellknown. Wide publicity was given to the police surveillance video of them in Gary Dobson’s flat in Footscray Road, recorded over a period of three weeks from 2 December 1994 onwards. Jamie Acourt does not appear on the video tapes. He was in custody awaiting trial for stabbing three white men in a Greenwich nightclub, penetrating the heart of one of them.

Page 78

In his opening address, Edmund Lawson QC, counsel for the inquiry, listed a number of violent attacks in which the suspects in the Stephen Lawrence case were also suspects. Some of them were attacks on white victims. Lee Pearson, a white youth, was stabbed in December 1991. When he was seen by the Macpherson inquiry team Pearson asserted that the Acourts had been part of the gang that had attacked him. He would not co-operate further with the police for fear of revenge being taken upon him. In March 1993, a short time before the Lawrence murder, another white youth, Stacey Benefield, alleged that he had been stabbed in the chest. When he was first seen in hospital he refused to name those who were responsible. When he was seen by the police investigating the Lawrence murder, however, he ‘asserted and confirmed’, Lawson said, that he had been the subject of an attack by David Norris and Neil Acourt. In May 1992 Terry and Darren Williams were set upon in the street ‘for no apparent reason’ by Jamie Acourt, David Norris, and Luke Knight, three of the five Lawrence murder suspects.

Thats from a not complete search through the document searching on the word 'stabbed'.

Most of it is about the inquiry and allegations against the police and of how a bunch of agitators manged to turn it into the crime of the century.

So if you have a green-skinned Martian the calling them a git before hitting them will get you a lesser penalty than calling them a green git or a Martian git.

Taking this case if the traffic warden had called him an Iranian git then he would have received a penalty so it equalises it for the Iranian to receive a penalty for calling him an English git.

It is all very very silly indeed.

I thought there was a caveat for this that excludes calling gingers, well, ginger!