House Price Crash Forum

Emergency Biscuits Flown Into Uk Due To National Shortage

HOLA441

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/emergency-biscuits-flown-into-uk-due-to-national-shortage-a6927561.html

Two cargo planes full of biscuits were flown into South Yorkshire in the past two weeks in response to a biscuit shortage in the UK.

The shortage was caused by flooding in Cumbria forcing United Biscuits – who manufacture products under McVitie’s, Jacob’s and Crawford’s – to close its Carlisle factory.

The factory closed on 5 December due to damage to electrical equipment and ovens.

Doncaster Sheffield Airport, also known as Robin Hood airport, welcomed two Boeing 777 aircrafts filled with biscuits, which should help to satisfy Britain’s biscuit cravings until the United Biscuits factory is fully up and running again.

Dayle Hauxwell, cargo manager for the airport told Doncaster Free Press: “There has been a lot of press coverage about Britain’s biscuit shortage following the floods in December and we are pleased to hear that the factories hope to be up and running again this month.

Is the world donating biscuits to us poor folk in South Yorkshire?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I would like to express my thanks to the unknown genius who first stuck two scuits together with creme to invent the biscuit.

now I know what a transcuit is....a bourbon on the outside, custard creme on the inside....very delicate operation.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Archived