House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestedoutsider

Queen's Square Apartments In Belfast?

I'm curious - does anyone know much about the Queen's Square apartments in Belfast?

More specifically, about where does it fit in the ranking of desirable developments to own an apartment in Belfast city centre?

It seems based on the prices and what I've gathered from reading/talking to people, that you have:
* "Best" places - St Annes, Custom House Square, ARC, Victoria Square
* Middling places - Obel, some of the older riverside developments
* The lower end of the spectrum - College Central, some of the developments on Adelaide Street, etc.

Now I understand Queen's Square is older than the "best" places I have listed above so the apartments won't be as modern spec inside, but in terms of "nice-ness" (I'm thinking overall build quality, quality of life, the types of people living there) does anyone know if it would be up there with the nicer developments in the city centre?

My initial concern would be the noise from nearby traffic and McHughes, but I guess you get that in just about any city center block.

Oh, and I'd move Obel down to the lower end of the spectrum ;)

Edited by JoeDavola

Now I understand Queen's Square is older than the "best" places I have listed above so the apartments won't be as modern spec inside, but in terms of "nice-ness" (I'm thinking overall build quality, quality of life, the types of people living there) does anyone know if it would be up there with the nicer developments in the city centre?

Don't know in terms of owning but in terms of liveability, I would prefer Queen's Square over one or two of the blocks you mentioned as being the "best" places. In fact, for liveability, a more mature place is sometimes better. Only thing I would emphasise abut Queen's Square is that it depends on the apartment. Some have so little space and so little natural. Avoid those for anything other than a short-term rental. If looking at the development as a home, then it needs to be one with generous floor to ceiling window space and less cramped surroundings.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated!

Don't know in terms of owning but in terms of liveability, I would prefer Queen's Square over one or two of the blocks you mentioned as being the "best" places.

Ulidia can you elaborate on this please? I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on which places you think it's better than and why?