House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Evolution Of Briths Working Class Style

Apparently there's a Shannon Matthews drama coming out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3485936/Sheridan-Smith-displays-signs-sleepless-nights-look-Shannon-Matthews-abduction-drama.html

50 years ago the working classes would be communicated by flat caps, whippets and cycling to the pit.

Now its single mums walking around in their jimjams smoking fags.

Working?

I saw a picture the other day of my grandfather in the 1960s when he was about my age now. Christ he looked old then what with the far more formal fashion of the times for adults.

The 60s weren't all Carnaby Street, and "happenings". In fact it was quite dull.

Working?

I saw a picture the other day of my grandfather in the 1960s when he was about my age now. Christ he looked old then what with the far more formal fashion of the times for adults.

Well yes. The 'working' bit has long gone.

I still get the 'Im a worker me' speech from people I grew up with.

Most never have.

Its insane.

Guest eight

Apparently there's a Shannon Matthews drama coming out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3485936/Sheridan-Smith-displays-signs-sleepless-nights-look-Shannon-Matthews-abduction-drama.html

50 years ago the working classes would be communicated by flat caps, whippets and cycling to the pit.

Now its single mums walking around in their jimjams smoking fags.

Ironically it was the lionisation of a middle class couple that led to the Shannon Matthews situation.

Ironically it was the lionisation of a middle class couple that led to the Shannon Matthews situation.

Oh watch that.

Doctors are beyond approach, walk on water, innocent of chucking their daughter down a mine etc.

Nhs best in the world.

Interestingly, it doesn't matter how you dress them or make them up you can't make an actress actually look like someone who has lived that life of booze, fags and shit food.

Well yes. The 'working' bit has long gone.

I still get the 'Im a worker me' speech from people I grew up with.

Most never have.

Its insane.

lol lol lol love it.

After Prescott says "but I think you're working class?"

Chavette: "No, but I don't work. I'm middle class".

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, It's ...genius.

lol lol lol love it.

After Prescott says "but I think you're working class?"

Chavette: "No, but I don't work. I'm middle class".

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, It's ...genius.

Yes, smart girl vs patronising politician.

What happened to shell suits? BTW Good point Frank. Not everyone smart went to Eton, and some that came out of Eton ain't that smart. :o But they think they are. I don't think Prescott should be patronizing.

I'm quite happy to describe myself as "Working Class" as I need a job to live, and currently I have one. Not sure I have much "style" with it though. I don't wear sports outfits, or expensive trainers. Aren't the "middle class" made up, as something to aspire to, by the people that own everything? A bit like carousel on Logan's Run. I'm rather posh for a "working class" though. And I don't have a bidet. -_-

Well, as the old joke goes...

`I thought I was working class until I went to Scotland. Now I think I`m middle class`.

Of course I can do a working class accent but it`s no more than an imitation .

Yes, smart girl vs patronising politician.

Spot on....put a posh accent on her and put behind the door of a fancy mansion with a posh dog, her friend could be someone famous and the picture would be a complete turnaround........funny how people are very quick to make assumptions about others, by vision and sound. ;)