House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheeple Splinter

Pros & Cons Of Turkey Joining The Eu?

I was chatting with a colleague about Turkey's likely GDP growth earlier. Based on the EU funding for the refugees/migrants plight and the Turkish plying the refugees/migrants passage it's hard to draw a line between entrepreneurial and official business!

I didn't realise that Cameron sees Turkey as a important ally:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/24083/turkey-and-the-eu-the-pros-and-cons-of-membership

The UK has always been the lone voice in favour of Turkey joining the EU - it's not just Cameron. I assume Sir Humphrey has decided as nothing has changed since Blair.

Do you want a nation like Turkey run by an Islamist like Erdogan having real power over our own laws? The largest faction in the European Parliament would be Turkish, Turkey would get a commissioner and probably not a minor brief. A huge negative. I think we'd have to be crazy to want that.

I think allowing Turkey into the EU would be a serious mistake.

Turkey is not part of Europe.

It's an Islamist state which is currently stamping down on free speech and democracy, it does not currently meet the criteria for joining the EU.

There are suspicions that Turkey has been purchasing oil from ISIS therefore funding a terrorist organisation it is supposed to be fighting.

Although Turkey is member of NATO, it would not surprise me if they were in Putin's pocket and actively working to undermine NATO.

Perhaps another reason why the UK should leave the EU?

vis a vis turkey joining EU.

I beg to differ.UK has NOT been a big fan of turkey being in the club.

Germany has had historic ties with turkey since pre ww1.

the isis stuff in the ME is basically a 3 way proxy war sponsorship.

USA/UK= saudis

Germany= turkey

Russia= iran.

turkey's plan for the caliphate is to have the Saudi's and the Iranians go at it and mutually destroy each other, leaving them(with the 2nd largest army in nato..but going to leave nato to grab the caliphate) in control.

similarly, Germany's plan for world domination involves concocting a plot which sets the US/UK and Russia into a war of mutual extermination.

erdogan, I think, it about to out hitler-hitler.

it's up to the german people now(not the leadership) to see sense,and realise this is a match made in hell.

Edited by oracle

Pros are looking thin on the ground. :unsure:

I think one pro, if they can train Cameron and his advisers, would be their negotiating skillsets.

I mean Turkey manages to secure an initial 3 billion euros and possible fast-track entry to the EU in days whereas Cameron spent 6 months courageously battling for insufficient reforms to keep us in!

Insufficient since if he had actually achieved the promised manifesto reforms I think the Vote Leave campaign would be polling lower i.e. if he had demonstrated that meaningful reform from within the EU was possible.

Pros are looking thin on the ground. :unsure:

I think one pro, if they can train Cameron and his advisers, would be their negotiating skillsets.

I mean Turkey manages to secure an initial 3 billion euros and possible fast-track entry to the EU in days whereas Cameron spent 6 months courageously battling for insufficient reforms to keep us in!

Insufficient since if he had actually achieved the promised manifesto reforms I think the Vote Leave campaign would be polling lower i.e. if he had demonstrated that meaningful reform from within the EU was possible.

While bombing it's own citizens, supporting ISIS, trafficking illegal immigrants and taking over the media by force.... The EU to reform Turkey? Hell no! Turkeys actions are the EUs eventual master plan!

Sieg heil Merkel!

While bombing it's own citizens, supporting ISIS, trafficking illegal immigrants and taking over the media by force.... The EU to reform Turkey? Hell no! Turkeys actions are the EUs eventual master plan!

Sieg heil Merkel!

Hmmm, do you think someone is pulling her strings?

Forgot to post this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/turkey-has-managed-to-conflate-the-refugee-crisis-and-its-own-eu-membership-in-a-dangerous-way-a6923006.html

I dunno. It amazes me how these 'incompetent' people manage to get themselves into the most powerful positions on earth and then behave like complete f*ckwhits when they are asked to do anything at all.

I just don't get it. :unsure:

This whole islamic thing is just one f*ckup after the next.

I dunno. It amazes me how these 'incompetent' people manage to get themselves into the most powerful positions on earth and then behave like complete f*ckwhits when they are asked to do anything at all.

I just don't get it. :unsure:

This whole islamic thing is just one f*ckup after the next.

‚Äč

'Incompetent' people, or the ones in the spotlight, have advisers, usurpers and lobbyists shaping policy behind the scenes. This has gone on since the dawn of civilisation along with the pendulum swinging between -isms. Political reform should be like Kaizen - continuous improvement. The hurdles in the UK are FPTP and voter apathy - but that's another thread!

Agreed, the approaches of the west to countries steeped in Islam beggars belief. Unfortunately, that intangible air of superiority, traceable to the dawn of religion, needs a good vacuum.

If UK tourists not having to show a passport at the border is considered a plus - of course even that might not happen in reality. Otherwise none at all for the average UK person living in the UK. No doubt plenty for the UK 1%.

Edited by billybong

If UK tourists not having to show a passport at the border is considered a plus -

Might encourage more of our "disenfranchised youth" to travel to Syria for their self development training. I'm happy with that