House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Is It Bullying?

There's a trump dump game that's been downloaded many times. It's got trump as a dump on it.

It is bullying to mock someone just because you don't like them, or is it perfectly ok when they're a politician trying to get elected?

There's a trump dump game that's been downloaded many times. It's got trump as a dump on it.

It is bullying to mock someone just because you don't like them, or is it perfectly ok when they're a politician trying to get elected?

Can it be bullying when what's being attacked is a public persona, as opposed to a person?

Of course it's likely to be counterproductive. Anyone inclined to support him will just see a puerile display coming from his enemies, and reinforce the idea that they have nothing of substance to say.

OK, gotta go, time for my trump.

When democracy throws up people who we shouldn't really be voting for (like Farage) it's very interesting to see the rules change!

Not sure what you're trying to say. The likes of Trump and Farage put themselves forward. It works because (like Blair or Cameron, Bush or Clinton) they have all the self-confidence and assertiveness of their highly-privileged heart-of-the-establishment backgrounds, yet (unlike those mainstream leaders) channel anti-establishment resentment.

They're developing another game called Y.UK - and Corbyn, Farron, Cameron and quite a few others are all dumped out simultaneously and it's impossible to tell the difference. Y did they have to pick on the UK.

When democracy throws up people who we shouldn't really be voting for (like Farage) it's very interesting to see the rules change!

Please don't write things like that as if they are fact. There are many people on this forum including me who are big Farage/ UKIP supporters.

Seems like you are a baby boomer who did well from our apparent "democracy" and don't like anyone challenging the status quo. Well please don't talk for the rest of us. Actually seems to be a lot of status quo supporters on this forum.

If any of you knew anything about politics you would realise Trump and Farage are two of the most genuine people on the political stage. Trump is going to win too. I've got a 50 pounds punt on him that will pay me back 250 when he wins the election.

Not sure what you're trying to say. The likes of Trump and Farage put themselves forward. It works because (like Blair or Cameron, Bush or Clinton) they have all the self-confidence and assertiveness of their highly-privileged heart-of-the-establishment backgrounds, yet (unlike those mainstream leaders) channel anti-establishment resentment.

The establishment parties like it all sewn up on a "muggins turn" basis and because of this nobody rocks the boat and shades of the same old tired policies are all that you get.

When along comes somebody from outside that cosy cabal they and their fellow travelers in the media (hello the BBC, and Jon Sopel in particular) start to ridicule and denigrate them to try to stop people viewing them as a serious candidate.

I noticed this especially in Australia with Gillard. The slightest suggestion that her appearance or sex was criticised, and the left/media went mental. Meanwhile, Abbot (and his daughters) suffered a barrage of insults about their looks (budgie smugglers), religion, lifestyle, etc. This was a guy that actually put the hard yards in in volunteer firefighting - not the pressroom stuff, but actually going in the bush without fanfare to risk life fighting wildfires - and also visited aboriginal communities month in month out to try to make a difference - again, not for press coverage, but because his personal beliefs meant he wanted to help.

meanwhile a Green MP spent a million dollars - really - on travel to climate change conferences.

Again, I do not see right wingers generally insulting their political opponents. I see it as routine with left wingers.

Look at Jeremy Hardy recently insulting a known suffer of mental health with the claim that the only people who could believe his politics had to have clinical depression....

I noticed this especially in Australia with Gillard. The slightest suggestion that her appearance or sex was criticised, and the left/media went mental. Meanwhile, Abbot (and his daughters) suffered a barrage of insults about their looks (budgie smugglers), religion, lifestyle, etc. This was a guy that actually put the hard yards in in volunteer firefighting - not the pressroom stuff, but actually going in the bush without fanfare to risk life fighting wildfires - and also visited aboriginal communities month in month out to try to make a difference - again, not for press coverage, but because his personal beliefs meant he wanted to help.

meanwhile a Green MP spent a million dollars - really - on travel to climate change conferences.

Again, I do not see right wingers generally insulting their political opponents. I see it as routine with left wingers.

Look at Jeremy Hardy recently insulting a known suffer of mental health with the claim that the only people who could believe his politics had to have clinical depression....

This guy is a bit sanctimonious and entirely pro-right wing, but at the root there are some interesting thoughts in this video about different visions of how to improve society for future generations:

The hacking collective Anonymous are apparently after Trump now too. I doubt he'll notice, he probably has lackeys to send his e-mails, etc.

If this is true anonymous has to have been infiltrated somehow. I thought anonymous were anti-establishment in general, not cheap political points scorers. Either way they haven't done much genuine good that I can see,

The hacking collective Anonymous are apparently after Trump now too. I doubt he'll notice, he probably has lackeys to send his e-mails, etc.

not sure how an anonymous collective of unknowns can prove they are making any claims...ANYONE can claim to be part of it and make whatever claims about an organisation they are not part of, and the organisation cant deny it without losing anonymity.

It seems to me the bullying comes from the Anti Trump campaigns...and the bullying starts on the individuals who vote for him.

That means the bullies dont like him....that means I do.

If this is true anonymous has to have been infiltrated somehow. I thought anonymous were anti-establishment in general, not cheap political points scorers. Either way they haven't done much genuine good that I can see,

They changed when they decided to attack ISIS sites, Twitter accounts etc.

Now that's very laudable but it changed them from a protest group to a crusading one.

And this must have attracted the SJW keyboardists as they've now started taking sides in elections.

A good idea whose time has just passed.

Yeah, they've gone full retard now, i.e. SJW.