House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Headline News. George Martin Has Died. Nhs Strike Generally Ignored.

Not really. You might think the same if you were left to rot on a trolley in a hospital corridor or suffered at the hands of an overworked junior Doctor.

There is no question, to my mind, that the NHS/Strike is a far bigger and worthy story. No question at all.

Not really. You might think the same if you were left to rot on a trolley in a hospital corridor or suffered at the hands of an overworked junior Doctor.

It's a problem to ageing boomers who now need the care but want following generations to pay for it.

I'm getting a bit sick of the sycophancy of the media regarding people who die especially if it's at a ripe old age. It's often headline news when I would have thought other things (always "stories" note even if it's bad) would seem to be more important eg stuff happening in the rest of the world.

What also amuses me is people in their 30s going on (with reverence) about those who they probably know very little about as they are from different generations.

I'm getting a bit sick of the sycophancy of the media regarding people who die especially if it's at a ripe old age. It's often headline news when I would have thought other things (always "stories" note even if it's bad) would seem to be more important eg stuff happening in the rest of the world.

What also amuses me is people in their 30s going on (with reverence) about those who they probably know very little about as they are from different generations.

Exactly.

This guy was 90.

Shit happens.

I saw a headline,

George Martin has died of Twitter.

Thought that must be a first.

Never heard of him.

Then I realised that it was ON Twitter.

So, he's not really famous after all.

Now, if he had died of Twitter........

They didnt pick a very good time for their day off, was rather windy and rainy today.

They should take a leaf out of the underground workers book, the summer is a better time for their holiday.

They didnt pick a very good time for their day off, was rather windy and rainy today.

They should take a leaf out of the underground workers book, the summer is a better time for their holiday.

Pickets have to be seen warming themselves in front of a brazier. They would look daft doing that in the summer.

The doctors on the picket line all look about 12.

I must be getting old.

In the US, a would-be doctor would still be paying tuition with zero salary at 5 years into their training. UK doctors have it easy.

Careful. There are some on this forum that will tell you the Beatles were the cause of HPI.

Exactly, those Four thousand Poles in Blackburn, Lancashire, have clearly resulted in unsustainable housing demand.

Pickets have to be seen warming themselves in front of a brazier. They would look daft doing that in the summer.

Theres a joke here somewhere about striking doctors and being called a scab.

Interesting.

ITN make it their last story. BBC make it their first.

Not sure what to read into that.