House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

There Are Already Signs That The Market Could Be Starting To Collapse In Some Parts Of The Country

This is too good not to have it's own thread.

Copied from the London thread

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/649494/House-prices-set-to-fall-after-April-warn-experts

"There Are Already Signs That The Market Could Be Starting To Collapse In Some Parts Of The Country"

You know it's going to be back when the DE says this.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Blimey, next they'll be reporting on an ordinary winter forthcoming and no cure for cancer on the horizon.

That has to be a real sentiment changer.

They're letting the post election cat out of the bag.

Blimey, next they'll be reporting on an ordinary winter forthcoming and no cure for cancer on the horizon.

It's the Express so you can expect "EU causes fall in house prices" headlines in the run up to June 23rd

It's the Express so you can expect "EU causes fall in house prices" headlines in the run up to June 23rd

Show me the expresses headlines on house prices since 2010 ?

Collapse is not a word they usually use !!!

This could be mega significant. Anyone who reads this has "House prices to fall in April" now burned into their subconscious.

This will become self fulfilling for any market participant who has read this, as by default as a daily express reader, they believe what they read in the daily express.

It remains to be seen how significant the daily express readership is in terms of housing market participants after april.

It could focus the minds of a few kite flying 'boomers' to adjust the price of their big empty house thats been sat on the market for months.

Good stuff.

Maybe I'm being awfully sceptical, but hear me out for a second, promise I will take my tin foil hat afterwards....

What if, George Osborne, David Cameron and Mark Carney have deliberately conspired to pop the UK housing bubble AT THE SAME TIME as the Brexit??????????

This way they can shift blame for the collapse on UKIP...

hqdefault.jpg

What if, George Osborne, David Cameron and Mark Carney have deliberately conspired to pop the UK housing bubble AT THE SAME TIME as the Brexit??????????

This way they can shift blame for the collapse on UKIP...

If a conspiracy existed such as you suggest, I would suggest that it would be far more likely as an attempted nudge towards remaining in the EU rather than any kind of attack on UKIP. I don't think the traditional parties fear UKIP as political rivals and nor should they. Either way the vote goes, UKIP become irrelevant afterwards. I don't think the SNP logic for a remain vote boosting UKIP holds: the SNP support is a coalition of Scottish nationalists and non-nationalists who believe in their domestic policies. UKIP is the opposite probably, I imagine some non-trivial element of their support are an anti-EU block who support UKIP despite their domestic policies!

However, the more instability around when the vote is held, the better for the status quo. Always keep a hold of Nurse, for fear of finding something worse...

If we are not going to take any notice of this rag when they trumpet HPI, then by the same measure we should not pay attention when they do the same with an HPC.

Best ignored IMPO.

If we are not going to take any notice of this rag when they trumpet HPI, then by the same measure we should not pay attention when they do the same with an HPC.

Best ignored IMPO.

Except they have been painfully right in their hpi predictions.

Best ignored IMPO.

The manipulate sentiment....the MSM can't be ignored.

Well there's already been a collapse in the property market across much of the country, sadly not in prices but in stock levels... down around 30% - 40% in just the last 18 months in many areas.

This really is a sudden and dramatic crash of quite epic proportions yet it seems to have gone largely ignored, uncommented on and unexplained.

Well there's already been a collapse in the property market across much of the country, sadly not in prices but in stock levels... down around 30% - 40% in just the last 18 months in many areas.

This really is a sudden and dramatic crash of quite epic proportions yet it seems to have gone largely ignored, uncommented on and unexplained.

They are probably refering to Prime Central London when some prices are down 10-20%.

London raised the indexes beyond anything anyone could have imagined....now it will collapse them.

No tinfoil hat necessary, in my opinion. To believe that such conversations don't occur in private between powerful people would be naive in the extreme (again, imo). They know it's inevitable, so it's almost unimaginable that they wouldn't try to engineer it to suit themselves.