House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Guns

In us at present. Georgia. They are voting ( today I think ) on whether to legalise the carrying of guns on campus by students!! What a place

In us at present. Georgia. They are voting ( today I think ) on whether to legalise the carrying of guns on campus by students!! What a place

Gotta love the U.S

A place where a student can potentially carry a firearm in a University but not drink tequila while wearing a sombrero.

Gotta love the U.S

A place where you can potentially carry a firearm in a University but not drink tequila wearing a sombrero.

I think you can drink tequila wearing a sombrero whilst openly carrying a firearm. That is okay.

It's only a problem in the US; more sensible nations like Canada and Switzerland have widespread gun ownership without feeling the need to hold regular massacres.

I'm all in favour of much easier licenced gun ownership here, not just shotguns. Treat people like adults rather than overgrown children who are not to be trusted.

It's only a problem in the US; more sensible nations like Canada and Switzerland have widespread gun ownership without feeling the need to hold regular massacres.

I'm all in favour of much easier licenced gun ownership here, not just shotguns. Treat people like adults rather than overgrown children who are not to be trusted.

My thoughts exactly, almost word for word.

I think the massacres have a common theme...depressed young men treated by SSRI medication...where is clearly says on the label that young people with depression could become severely paranoid on this medicine.

Guest eight

How's the Aycliffe patter going down over there? Have you been mistaken for an inbred hick yet?

Universal carrying of handguns would stop virtually all large-scale shootings. The gunman/men/women would shoot 1 or 2 people and then a member of the public would bring them down.

The key is to make the licence strict and have proper testing and training in use/weapon control.

Universal carrying of handguns would stop virtually all large-scale shootings. The gunman/men/women would shoot 1 or 2 people and then a member of the public would bring them down.

The key is to make the licence strict and have proper testing and training in use/weapon control.

Or all hell would break loose once the first couple of shots have been fired, with half the people present having no idea who actually fired them. The strict licence and training required to prevent that would mean that there wouldn't be anything near the universal level of carrying.

Besides a society where everyone carries a deadly weapon sounds even more screwed up and broken than this hopeless excuse of one.

Or all hell would break loose once the first couple of shots have been fired, with half the people present having no idea who actually fired them. The strict licence and training required to prevent that would mean that there wouldn't be anything near the universal level of carrying.

Besides a society where everyone carries a deadly weapon sounds even more screwed up and broken than this hopeless excuse of one.

I would opt for the very, very strict licence control and training. Even if only 1 in every 50 people was carrying a gun it would limit the success of many random attacks. Criminals and terrorists also wouldn't know who was carrying so would have to re-think.

At the risk of being politically incorrect, the US homicide rate for European americans is roughly the same as Europeans in Europe. The 'america has a violence problem' is entirely due to blacks offing each other.

More people die by gunshot for sure, but it hasnt shifted the murder rate up in aggregate, much like more suicides in america are by gunshot, but guns havent raised the overall suicide rate.

At the moment, im pretty ambivalent about gun rights in the UK. On a theoretical level, I dont think the government should be able to take guns. On a practical level, given virtually no one else has them, i'm not too bothered. In the future, with radical islam and islamization, who knows.

Yes, but I'm not sure I would get any. It's fun to go to a club for target practise. I'm probably not needing a gun to defend myself against bears.

How's the Aycliffe patter going down over there? Have you been mistaken for an inbred hick yet?

Been asked twice if I am Irish............. er no.

At the risk of being politically incorrect, the US homicide rate for European americans is roughly the same as Europeans in Europe. The 'america has a violence problem' is entirely due to blacks offing each other.

More people die by gunshot for sure, but it hasnt shifted the murder rate up in aggregate, much like more suicides in america are by gunshot, but guns havent raised the overall suicide rate.

At the moment, im pretty ambivalent about gun rights in the UK. On a theoretical level, I dont think the government should be able to take guns. On a practical level, given virtually no one else has them, i'm not too bothered. In the future, with radical islam and islamization, who knows.

Most gun deaths in the USA are suicide. If you take that out then you are just as likely to die in America from diarrhea as you are from somebody shooting you. Are they going to ban (bad) food? What about the murders that never happen because of the gun laws how do you count them?

I don't want guns in the UK as we are such a small/dense country that we don't need them yet, but America when help is only 2 hours away, then yeah have your guns.

Give it 10 years and subject to your internet usage then we could have them in the UK. It's inevitable. The police want us armed, that's why they are so f**king useless! ;)

Yes, but I'm not sure I would get any. It's fun to go to a club for target practise. I'm probably not needing a gun to defend myself against bears.

I used to collect (and still have) military badges and medals.

I would have liked to be able to collect, and shoot, guns as easily. I can with club membership and licences but what a faff. I like them, I don't want to shoot anybody.

I would have liked to be able to collect, and shoot, guns as easily. I can with club membership and licences but what a faff. I like them, I don't want to shoot anybody.

I think the police should organise a badge amnesty.

Have a go. You might find the faff is worth it. I do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3484064/Pro-gun-poster-girl-shot-four-year-old-son-driving-Florida-boy-pistol-seat-truck.html

Pro-gun Florida mom is accidentally shot by her four-year-old son while driving after the boy found her pistol in back seat - just a day after she bragged about his shooting skills

Oh, and by the way, you probably would. ;-)

I hate you. I followed your link and then saw this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3484738/Down-syndrome-model-Madeline-Stuart-stars-romantic-bridal-shoot.html

what has seen cannot be unseen.