House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

Counselling! I Need My Safe Space!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/students-offered-counselling-over-small-sombrero-hats-at-tequila-themed-birthday-party-a6915521.html

A university offered counselling to students “injured and affected” by a group of classmates who wore small sombrero hats to a tequila-themed birthday party.

The row, which erupted at Bowdoin College, a private liberal arts college in the US state of Maine, is being seen as the latest instance of a new mood of censorious political correctness sweeping university campuses on both sides of the Atlantic.

After photos of party-goers wearing the miniature sombreros, several inches in diameter, appeared on social media, administrators at the college immediately sent out multiple emails notifying students about an “investigation” into a possible “act of ethnic stereotyping”.

The college has even offered offended students “safe spaces” and counselling to help them deal with the emotional impact of the miniature sombrero party.

I take he would not be welcome

_40716791_sun203ok.jpg

Looks like future British Monarch material.

All of this from a country where in 10 days time huge numbers of Americans will pretend to be Irish on St Patricks Day even though 99% have less Irish blood than myself and a significant proportion of the supposedly hated British population.

Great news for UK sport.

Since we developed and codified the rules for a good proportion of the world's games we can eliminate everyone else on the grounds that they have "appropriated our culture" and declare ourselves winners of everything.

Great news for UK sport.

Since we developed and codified the rules for a good proportion of the world's games we can eliminate everyone else on the grounds that they have "appropriated our culture" and declare ourselves winners of everything.

We should put a stop to Johnny Foreigner speaking English too.

Great news for UK sport.

We also pioneered and adopted the 3 piece suit as standard attire. Also appropriated by pretty much everywhere else in the world. Cultural terrorists, I tells ya!

It also mocks those who do actually need counselling. How many ex-US military who fought in the 'war on terrorism' can't get counselling?

You joke Mr Tulip but it's already happened - I present to you Ms Melody Hensley

Really_0eba54_5178163.jpg

Be afraid - be very afraid. If that pic doesn't say batsh!t crazy, I don't know what does.

Did any Mexicans object? ^_^

Well, I think it OK to laugh at cultural differences. It's hardly a hate crime. :blink: It is a bit of gentle rib tickling, and that is all! -_-

The unwritten argument is that they must know enough English to "get the joke"! British sense of humour is lovely.

Hopefully hidden behind the door in the safe space are some Hell's Angels to give them a bloody good hiding and turn them into adults.