House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anonguest

Insanity - March 2016 Style

This board once used to sport so many threads publicising supposedly insanely priced properties. They seem to be so thin on the ground these days. Perhaps a sign that even die hard HPCers are simply being ground down and numbed to the lunacy - and so just don't bother anymore?

For my part I feel it is vital we collectively continue to try and at least wave the HPC banner and keep our voices heard.

So here is my contribution to this months claim to peak insanity. I note that there is no photo of the WC/bathroom. Presumably it being too small for even an estate agents wide angle lens to cope with.

Can anyone else beat this for lunacy?

To anyone in 'officialdom' or remotely involved in public policy making, etc. and reading this.......Keep it up. When this thing blows the flaming torch and pitchfork mobs will be coming for you.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39526389.html

Edited by anonguest

This board once used to sport so many threads publicising supposedly insanely priced properties. The seem to be so thin on the ground these days. Perhaps a sign that even die hard HPCers are simply being ground down and numbed to the lunacy - and so just don't bother anymore?

For my part I feel it is vital we collectively continue to try and at least wave the HPC banner and keep out voices heard.

So here is my contribution to this months claim to peak insanity. Can anyone else do better?

To anyone in 'officialdom' or remotely involved in public policy making, etc. reading this.......Keep it up. When this thing blows the flaming torch and pitchfork mobs will be coming for you.

I'm not sure what you're on about. IMHO that's absolutely beautiful and I could so see myself growing old there. It's also an absolute bargain particularly when I compare to something like the below which is only priced £67,500 lower at EUR365k.

55486e4e2e7cf.jpg

Anybody who buys that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. I wish them much success.

I'm not sure what you're on about. IMHO that's absolutely beautiful and I could so see myself growing old there. It's also an absolute bargain particularly when I compare to something like the below which is only priced £67,500 lower at EUR365k.

55486e4e2e7cf.jpg

Anybody who buys that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. I wish them much success.

Ermmm......wanna share a link for that awful looking terrible value pool equipped property? Must be somewhere really horrible for sure?

Ermmm......wanna share a link for that awful looking terrible value pool equipped property? Must be somewhere really horrible for sure?

Yeh it is a real horrible place. It's in Paphos, Cyprus. Jobs are of course a problem but if you pay £350k for that White Hart Lane dump then a job is also going to be a problem for the next 25 years.

Full disclosure. That place is not quite what I'm chasing as I'd love a sea view to wake up to. Something like the below is a 3 bed/4 bath has that sea view and is a bit cheaper than the one I first showed at EUR345k / £267k.

55bf64c87ed3b.jpg

Genuine LOL at that one, anonguest. I mean, wow, it's a garage!

What truly worries me (among many things) is the thought that some bank/building society would ever lend to enable this to be purchased??!!! I keep telling myself that, surely, as greedy and mad as they have shown themselves to be, that there cannot possibly be any institution irresponsible enough to lend against that!? and that IF it sells it will be a cash purchase. IF loans really are being handed out to enable purchases such as this then heaven help us when this comes to end.

Presenting this self contained one bedroom freehold unit with potential to build another floor (subject to planning permission being granted and supporting documents to follow, title will be split on completion) Benefitting from a front garden, back garden and rear entrance. Property being sold with no onwards chain, viewings are highly recommended. Great opportunity to purchase a unique property with loads of potential.

Not quite sure what title they're splitting? Maybe it's the garage of the house next door still.

has PP been granted for it to be a residence?

Shame they could not afford a front door or bother to repair the fence that is clearly falling down at the back. I notice that in all the photographs the lights are on so one assumes the place is permanently in stygian gloom. Complete and utter madness.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

Shame they could not afford a front door or bother to repair the fence that is clearly falling down at the back.

It's to keep it affordable for the punters. If you had a front door (which I admit is so 1999) and a fence that was still standing it'd be worth at least £400k.

Yes surely it would have to be a cash purchase. The thing about cash purchases is that it's entirely up to the buyer to decide on the market price, and yet when there's a large number of cash purchases then lender valuations on mortgaged purchases are influenced a lot by them. And lenders are only really concerned about whether the property might be worth the loaned amount rather than the paid amount. So if some fool wants to put up £150k and borrow £200k to buy that, the lender might be quite happy to, though whether it's worth £200k is questionable. I wouldn't pay £50k for that except within the greater fool theory.

Title will be split on completion? So you can buy it, for an insane price, but if you extend it, it's half ours? It gets better - this is one to watch surely, anyone taking bets on it's sale?

By Cypriot standards, that actually seems quite expensive. Although I haven't looked into it for a couple of years, have prices moved there?

I gather there is a huge demand for these properties amongst discerning investors in Russia, China, Iran, Khazakstan (delete as appropriate) who can not wait to share in the rat holes of England. After all who is not bowled over by the prospect of owning a pebble dashed converted garage, with a listing fence, soon to be leaking flat roof and back door that clearly has seen better days.

By Cypriot standards, that actually seems quite expensive. Although I haven't looked into it for a couple of years, have prices moved there?

I agree. Plenty of room for negotiation but I can't exactly present a potentially negotiated price.. It was just a quick example to demonstrate the disparity between European prices and South East, UK prices

There was another garage for sale within the past 2 or 3 years that we took the pith out of, £270k perhaps? I think it actually had an up and over door, or maybe that was our imagination running away? Ah no, that was triggered by comments made about it by an MSE poster, can't quite remember the username, started with R and was some source of amusement. Anyone remember that and/or know what became of the garage?

Title will be split on completion? So you can buy it, for an insane price, but if you extend it, it's half ours? It gets better - this is one to watch surely, anyone taking bets on it's sale?

It is being offered as freehold so I assume it is the title to the land on which converted garage sits that is being split from the original property on completion of the sale. Once that happens I don't think the vendor continues to own title to the fresh air above the conversion even in our utterly crazy properly market.

The conversion looks like it has been occupied from the photographs so is clearly not new. I wonder who was the previous occupants or if it has been on the rental market.

It...erm....appears to be missing a roof. A garage with delusions of studio flat grandeur marketed as a 1 bedroom terrace. Imagine coming back to this after a hard day's graft. Far from feeling like the master of universe, you'd just want to top yourself.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

It is being offered as freehold so I assume it is the title to the land on which converted garage sits that is being split from the original property on completion of the sale. Once that happens I don't think the vendor continues to own title to the fresh air above the conversion even in our utterly crazy properly market.

The conversion looks like it has been occupied from the photographs so is clearly not new. I wonder who was the previous occupants or if it has been on the rental market.

Ok that makes more sense, the currently single title will be split into two titles. You must be right.

Roniek was the username relating to that other garage.

Here is another garage/house but with the added indignity of it being in Sunderland! Still at least it is 3x cheaper than the one in the OP: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43575272.html

I also came across a 'subterranean mansion' today: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-24103303.html

That underground house looks incredibly cool. Been a while, Ghostly, welcome back.

Here is another garage/house but with the added indignity of it being in Sunderland! Still at least it is 3x cheaper than the one in the OP: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43575272.html

I also came across a 'subterranean mansion' today: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-24103303.html

Love the subterranean mansion - for 2 m quid, bargain, who needs daylight? And what tremendous knowledge and perspective the EA is gracious enough to share with us - "Probably the most daring & innovative house ever built." We really can learn from these people.

As for the garage-hut at the top of the thread, wow, picture 6, is it, of the falling-down fence? That alone makes it worth the asking price, talk about the wow factor, can definitely see some wealthy young couple making a forever home out of that.

You couldn't make it up could you???? Never has the term "unique property" been so ill used.

To put it into context, here's a couple of examples of what's available for the same asking price near me.......

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34570557.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53118305.html

This board once used to sport so many threads publicising supposedly insanely priced properties. They seem to be so thin on the ground these days. Perhaps a sign that even die hard HPCers are simply being ground down and numbed to the lunacy - and so just don't bother anymore?

For my part I feel it is vital we collectively continue to try and at least wave the HPC banner and keep our voices heard.

So here is my contribution to this months claim to peak insanity. I note that there is no photo of the WC/bathroom. Presumably it being too small for even an estate agents wide angle lens to cope with.

Can anyone else beat this for lunacy?

To anyone in 'officialdom' or remotely involved in public policy making, etc. and reading this.......Keep it up. When this thing blows the flaming torch and pitchfork mobs will be coming for you.

Probably relative... but given that prices have gone no where oop north for 10 years, it seems odd to price this at £310k when it was purchased for £200k in 2006. You can get a 5 bedder on the same street for £172k (well, less in reality as its been on the market a while).

All buyers need to get PROPERTY BEE! You just need to look at how many houses have been on for years with a few thousand knocked off at most to see the market is F**KED!

It's to keep it affordable for the punters. If you had a front door (which I admit is so 1999) and a fence that was still standing it'd be worth at least £400k.

Haha yes, room to add value, I think the Location, Location, Location crowd would say.