House Price Crash Forum

Has Anyone Used Openrent?

acer

Any opinions from a tenant's point of view?

openrent

As renting goes, dealing with the letting agent is the thing I resent the most. Here in Bristol, they're expecting 40% of a months rent as their moving in fee, plus contract renewal fees, checkout fees, etc., and some of them are expecting to come round and inspect every 3 months. If I can avoid that, I will.

Edited by acer

• 1 month later...

Just to update:

It went really well. Total cost was £20 referencing fee. I'm now dealing direct with the landlords.

The only hitch was during the referencing. My current letting agent held that up, because they wouldn't co-operate unless I paid them a £25 fee :rolleyes:

I use Openrent as a Landlord (I have two BTL flats so don't use it very often).

Openrent makes it mandatory for anyone using their "reserve this property now" system to make use of Openrent's tenancy agreement. I have my own agreement which I prefer to use so I take reservations from tenants directly and only use Openrent to market my properties, to get them on Zoopla etc

I don't use their £20 tenant referencing system either as I like not charging any fees at all.

Do make sure to ask for the Landlord's ID (passport etc) before putting pen to ink, which they should be happy to provide. Also ask for proof of property ownership if the letting doesn't show up on Rightmove (they are the only portal to require proof before listing rentals).