House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Housing Problem Solved

He sleeps in his van

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/04/it-worker-saves-1k-each-month-by-living-in-a-van-in-london-5734100/

Mr Hill, who is originally from Teweksbury, Gloucestershire, said he’s never had a problem parking in Clapham, Brixton or anywhere in Islington where he can visit friends and camp outside after.

He added: ‘I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone.

‘The most important thing for me was that I could still shower every day at the office, but it depends what you feel you need.’

He has been living in the van since September and said there were no laws against sleeping in your vehicle.

I imagine there are council officials tracking him down.

He sleeps in his van

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/04/it-worker-saves-1k-each-month-by-living-in-a-van-in-london-5734100/

Mr Hill, who is originally from Teweksbury, Gloucestershire, said he’s never had a problem parking in Clapham, Brixton or anywhere in Islington where he can visit friends and camp outside after.

He added: ‘I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone.

‘The most important thing for me was that I could still shower every day at the office, but it depends what you feel you need.’

He has been living in the van since September and said there were no laws against sleeping in your vehicle.

I imagine there are council officials tracking him down.

For what reasons??

(P.S. there's already a separate thread on this news item)