House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fru-gal

Our Hemisphere’S Temperature Just Reached A Terrifying Milestone

Guest eight

Please no more global warming threads :(

Global warming is brilliant! It's so global, it manifests itself everywhere, except where I live. Clearly, whatever the answer is, it lies in County Durham.

Global warming is brilliant! It's so global, it manifests itself everywhere, except where I live. Clearly, whatever the answer is, it lies in County Durham.

Tell me about it I lived in Consett for 3 years ;)

Please no more global warming threads :(

Don't be daft - we haven't had a Global Warming Thread for years. What we do have are HPC members posting anecdotal weather reports from their locality.

Three pairs of socks. I think it is a circulation thing. Tall bugger, long legs.

You won't make it through the next "ice age" which was due to start about ten years ago. "End of the World" prophecies are not science, and shouldn't be published as such!

You won't make it through the next "ice age" which was due to start about ten years ago. "End of the World" prophecies are not science, and shouldn't be published as such!

I would have been OK during the last ice age - as long as I had my electric blanket and a plug in my cave.

Something must be up - all last summer the electric blankets were never reduced in the summer sales. I think Argos knows something that the climatologists don't.

All is known at Argos! :(

Let me guess. We need to lock up aged paedo Dj's and let in millions of migrants to Europe because climate change and think of the children. Oh, and I just paid off my mortgage with 2p I found in the street.

Do I win HPC now?

Let me guess. We need to lock up aged paedo Dj's and let in millions of migrants to Europe because climate change and think of the children. Oh, and I just paid off my mortgage with 2p I found in the street.

Do I win HPC now?

Are you knitting your own socks out of discarded jumpers? ^_^

Guest eight

I think Argos knows something that the climatologists don't.

Well it's a big enough target.

I would have been OK during the last ice age - as long as I had my electric blanket and a plug in my cave.

Something must be up - all last summer the electric blankets were never reduced in the summer sales. I think Argos knows something that the climatologists don't.

Any climatologist that says "everything's fine" is an unemployed climatologist.

Inducing panic, terror, and press headlines has the funding just rolling in.

(Just for the record I do think that there's a problem, if overstated.)

Any climatologist that says "everything's fine" is an unemployed climatologist.

Inducing panic, terror, and press headlines has the funding just rolling in.

(Just for the record I do think that there's a problem, if overstated.)

Yes Frank, I like to see the ducks on the stream, and 'edgehogs in the garden. I don't want to hear some loon predicting the "darkest St.Winnifred's day since time began". It's tripe, and we need a good war to take peoples' minds off it!

Do I win HPC now?

exactly, the energy and emmission profile of the middle east will be eased if we depopulate those areas...Its too hot there already...

Yes Frank, I like to see the ducks on the stream, and 'edgehogs in the garden. I don't want to hear some loon predicting the "darkest St.Winnifred's day since time began". It's tripe, and we need a good war to take peoples' minds off it!

Ever since that first Iraq adventure I've never been sure whether we're at war or not. There always seems to be a uniformed member of our armed forces being shot at, I mean keeping the peace, somewhere hot and dusty.

Are we still fighting in Afghanistan, does Syria count?

Give me a decent war with some cavalry charges so I can see what's happening.

Ever since that first Iraq adventure I've never been sure whether we're at war or not. There always seems to be a uniformed member of our armed forces being shot at, I mean keeping the peace, somewhere hot and dusty.

Are we still fighting in Afghanistan, does Syria count?

Give me a decent war with some cavalry charges so I can see what's happening.

Your boots and spurs are in the post Major Hovis. Now we can show the world a proper cup of tea! :blink:

really need an update on todays northern hemisphere temp....is it 3deg?..or flipped to 5deg?

oops...just found a correction at the bottom of the webpage:

*Correction, March 4: Due to a data error at Weatherbell Analytics, the graphic added in the March 3 update to this post showed that in recent days, the temperature had reached approximately 2.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels. The graphic has been replaced with an updated version showing a less dramatic temperature spike, to approximately 2 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels, though still exceeding 2 degrees Celsius when measured from pre-industrial levels. This spike has been reproduced in a separate dataset, so there remains high confidence that the 2-degree level was breached.

So, the article was wrong, the data was wrong, but they arent going to let it go...they still have high confdence some other data will show up.