House Price Crash Forum

I Like To Start The Day With .... Some Property Investor Panic In London

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I do like the euphemisms - 'loosening' in the market.

'Softening' is the more usual one. Hardly anyone can bring themselves to use Plain English - Prices Are Coming Down.

Maybe they're superstitious about it - if you actually utter the dreaded words, doom will descend - it'll happen more and faster.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

So from April 6th 2016 - Government will provide people with a 5% deposit 40% of a loan on new builds up to 600K in London (less elsewhere). Doesn't sound like prices will fall if that happens. We need an almighty reset of the system to do that, and those resets almost invariably come with wars, martial law and panic.

HOLA448
HOLA449

So from April 6th 2016 - Government will provide people with a 5% deposit 40% of a loan on new builds up to 600K in London (less elsewhere). Doesn't sound like prices will fall if that happens. We need an almighty reset of the system to do that, and those resets almost invariably come with wars, martial law and panic.

There must surely come a point when all but the most stupid see through this ponzi-product for what it is.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Hopefully not that dramatic, I'd frankly prefer higher house prices to blood in the streets.

Lenders will become twitchy in a rapidly falling market, even with 40% help to buy.

HOLA4414

Hopefully not that dramatic, I'd frankly prefer higher house prices to blood in the streets.

Lenders will become twitchy in a rapidly falling market, even with 40% help to buy.

Well.....that rather depends on whose blood it is really.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

'Softening' is the more usual one. Hardly anyone can bring themselves to use Plain English - Prices Are Coming Down.

Maybe they're superstitious about it - if you actually utter the dreaded words, doom will descend - it'll happen more and faster.

I can think of some things that might be "loosening" on this news.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

You are so right and hands up I am guilty of this myself.

For me, (no defence by the way) it is because I never believe the rise is real in the first place so neither is the fall. The rise is just a bunch of daft speculators buying at prices no-one understands, then followed by the numb nuts who believe the price. Therefore the 'softening' ? is really the price they always were.

So thanks for highlighting, I will be mindful of that expression moving forward because without the context above it lessens the reality of the fall. So for balance I believe London will FALL, DROP or PLUMMET (yes, not soften).

The last few years rise in London has never felt more like a stock market.....and the foreign and remote investors will leave as fast as they came and the 118'ers will lose out if they can't sell. Prime London will always be 'expensive' but this market is way way beyond that.

Expensive prime parts of Yorkshire (my area) are unachievable for many but nowhere near London levels (based on average local earnings). Foreign buyers and leveraged BTL'ers have driven London to levels which would be laughable if it weren't so sad for the locals.

HOLA4420