House Price Crash Forum

The Way Of The Sheep

Steppenpig

HOLA441

I'm tired of being an outsider, getting into arguments, everyone thinking I'm a miserable git, losing friends, being wrong even when I'm right. Even winning arguments makes me depressed. I want to be like the shiny happy people. From now on I believe in all of the following:

house price rises are good for us

magic money tree economics

immigrants are good

the EU is fine and democratic

only establishement politicians who have spent their lifetime troughing can be trusted to run the country

terrorists are very scary - I must be afraid and obey the government

virussiss are very scary and dangerous etc

war is good

Nato is good

all our evil despotic allies are actually good

the bbc and media is independent and balanced

global warming will be very scary

bio/organic is healthy and tastes better

hpc are looosers

There's probably more. Call me steppensheeple.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I think the thing to do is follow Boris, i.e. make a joke of all of it, don't (appear to) take it too seriously.

I had two women at work (should i stop there, I wish) ask me what the issues were on the EU and whether they should vote in or out so I rattled through them with a few jokes. I'm known to be bright but equally don't go pushing my views or rubbishing others'. Happy medium IMO.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I think the thing to do is follow Boris, i.e. make a joke of all of it, don't (appear to) take it too seriously.

I had two women at work (should i stop there, I wish) ask me what the issues were on the EU and whether they should vote in or out so I rattled through them with a few jokes. I'm known to be bright but equally don't go pushing my views or rubbishing others'. Happy medium IMO.

I'm sure I did used to be like that. In fact, on some level, all these things don't even really bother me that much. I need to occupy my time with something more constructive.

HOLA447

I'm tired of being an outsider, getting into arguments, everyone thinking I'm a miserable git, losing friends, being wrong even when I'm right. Even winning arguments makes me depressed. I want to be like the shiny happy people. From now on I believe in all of the following:

The answer

430489670-liberty1.jpg

guaranteed to change the way you think

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I am genuinely envious of people (sheep) who happily go through their lives believing everything on that list and treating it as gospel, it must be such a care free existence to just lap up all the government (corporate) propaganda that's regurgitated in the MSM.

HOLA4412
Guest eight

I am genuinely envious of people (sheep) who happily go through their lives believing everything on that list and treating it as gospel, it must be such a care free existence to just lap up all the government (corporate) propaganda that's regurgitated in the MSM.

Oh, ignorance is bliss, I'm quite sure.

A few years ago now I decided to play stupider than I actually am. I think on the whole it has eased me through life more smoothly than some more conventional approaches might have done.

HOLA4413

Oh, ignorance is bliss, I'm quite sure.

A few years ago now I decided to play stupider than I actually am. I think on the whole it has eased me through life more smoothly than some more conventional approaches might have done.

The best bit of advice i have had came from my grandad (i took a while to realise it though) and tha was always be thicker than your boss if you clearly have a thick boss

HOLA4414

The best bit of advice i have had came from my grandad (i took a while to realise it though) and tha was always be thicker than your boss if you clearly have a thick boss

If you have a clever boss, they expect you to be clever too. :blink:

Sure I wouldn't be "going into property" as an investment now. Too much to risk.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest TheBlueCat

immigrants are good

only establishement politicians who have spent their lifetime troughing can be trusted to run the country

war is good

Nato is good

hpc are looosers

If you haven't read the Man In The High Castle, then I think you'd like it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest TheBlueCat

http://www.modernlanguageexperiment.org/assets/philip_k_dick_-_the_man_in_the_high_castle.pdf

?

Dedication is top!

To my wife Anne, without whose silence

This book would never have been written

Haha, I don't think that's in my print edition. Philip Dick was a bit of a nutjob and had at least 5 fives I think, that kind of comment probably explains why.

edit to add: it's a great book which deals with alternative realities in an interesting way, hence my recommendation to Steppenpig.

HOLA4420

immigrants are good

war is good

Nato is good

hpc are looosers

I never get tired of being an 'outsider' in my own social circle (although I have to tread carefully sometimes under the good wifes watchful eye - even though she largely shares my views too).

I just love those inevitable shocked/surprised (sometimes almost indignant!) reactions that anyone could possibly disagree with any of the above you list.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

immigrants are good

war is good

Nato is good

hpc are looosers

The 14 commandments?

It's strange in an era when being yourself is supposed to be one of the most important parts of being that so many people in general don't actually allow/approve of that hardly at all.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived