House Price Crash Forum

George Osbourne On Housing & Slagging Journalist Paul Mason

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Paul Mason's obviously doing something right if Gidiot feels the need to denounce him at the despatch box. A badge of honour, I'd say.

+1

Though isn't it ironic that Osbanker is calling him a Marxist, when he himself has abandoned free markets and wants workers to rely on state schemes for a shelter.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Of course he was a revolutionary lefty student, but Osbourne is drawing a dangerous line here

If you're not a rentier class supporting, banker bailing, hpi pumping crony capitalist then you're a 'revolutionary Marxist' then we're all fecking Marxists on here, including and some times especially the Tory voters.

(Edit: I accept its really all a bit of childish politics for the ignorant though)

Edited by pig

HOLA448
HOLA449

One of his more admirable qualities.

But lets not forget it is Osborne himself who pleads with an actual single party communist state to build out our infrastructure, such that it is. Not sure what that makes Osborne or the current iteration of the "Tory" party.

Edited by R K

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Masons riposte.....

https://medium.com/mosquito-ridge/mickeygate-the-truth-8145cf278b7a#.fu6glur8q

Mickeygate — the truth!

Yesterday the British chancellor George Osborne accused me — from the front bench and under parliamentary privilege — of being a “revolutionary Marxist”. Various media have reported that I am “advising” the Labour Party. Neither of these claims is true.

I have left Channel 4 News to become a freelance journalist, writing a weekly Guardian column, with a wide range of other projects at the planning stage, including a Medium blog called Mosquito Ridge.

I have agreed to contribute a lecture to Labour’s The New Economics series, following prestigious names such as Joseph Stiglitz, Yanis Varoufakis, Marianna Mazzucato and Simon Wren-Lewis. I will be focusing on unconventional monetary policy and the democratisation of central banks.

That’s all.

It’s up to the Labour Party whether they listen to what I say. But it is very specifically not formal advice.

As to Mr Osborne’s claim that I am “revolutionary Marxist” it is completely inaccurate. I am radical social democrat who favours the creation of a peer-to-peer sector (co-ops, open source etc) alongside the market and the state, as part of a long transition to a post-capitalist economy. There’s a comprehensive critique of Bolshevism in my latest book, Postcapitalism: A Guide to Our Future.

In the next months I will likely be travelling to hostile environments, repressive regimes and seeking access to societies where, with one Google search, people will discover that the government of my own country considers me a “revolutionary Marxist”. I will keep you posted on the outcome of that.

As for the Mao/Mickey Mouse jibe, I was tailed for hours in 2008 in Beijing by the secret police of Mr Osborne’s favourite Marxist government, after interviewing the victims of Mao’s Great Leap Forward. I am happy to state that Mao was a despot whose policies killed millions; I look forward to hearing Mr Osborne say that on his next trip to China.

Mickey Mouse on the other hand is a universal 20th century icon representing the triumph of the little guy against the bully, the innocent against the corrupt, the weak against the strong. I am happy to be identified with those ideals.

1*KyrjUillOsSEtBgxdhgz6w.jpeg

HOLA4413

Who would guess that Osbourne ws not a fan of Paul Masons' C4 ?

George Osborne family business' £6m offshore deal

Wow! I'm shocked...is there anyone who isn't on the take in politics? Corbyn will clean up at this rate, that scares the sh1t out of me, but he is the only one with even a grain of sincerity.

HOLA4414

Why is he whinging about parliamentary privilege, as if to imply that he would seek legal advice if Gidiot had said the same thing when not under it? Mason has admitted to being a Marxist in the past. You can't backtrack now.

No defender of Osborne but at least be consistent.

HOLA4415

Was he paraphrasing a David Bowie song in there?

What, freakout in a moon age daydream?

The bloke's almost completely incoherent. This is the guy that bent over in front of the Chinese earlier in the year, and now compares someone who has been critical of Chinese state protectionism to Chairman Mao?

Any vocal critic of rentierism is to be subjected to straw men and ad hominem attack by the UK chancellor it seems.

Bad form indeed.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Most of the recent BBC politics team are Tories e.g. Nick Robinson. James Landale, Andrew Neil, Jeremy Paxman. Evan Davis is very right wing.

Lady Laura K. (new BBC political editor and on our screens daily) is a Tory Toff also, I imagine.........

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

What, freakout in a moon age daydream?

The bloke's almost completely incoherent. This is the guy that bent over in front of the Chinese earlier in the year, and now compares someone who has been critical of Chinese state protectionism to Chairman Mao?

Any vocal critic of rentierism is to be subjected to straw men and ad hominem attack by the UK chancellor it seems.

Bad form indeed.

The truth is Osborne would not recognise capitalism if it shat on his head so to accuse Mason of Marxism is a bit rich. Moreover, it ha been Osborne not the Left who has been picking the middle classes pockets so enthusiastically in recent years (i.e dropping the threshold of the 40% tax band, abolishing NIC contracting our, raising VAT - the list goes on and on). He is also a Chancellor without meaningful industrial strategy.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

"Mickey Mouse was busy" - advising the tories? Probably wouldn't waste his time on lost causes.

It's all good slapstick custard pie (and inappropriate) stuff as the country goes more and more to the dogs - what else it's Parliament and it's the LibLabCon.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4425

"Mickey Mouse was busy" - advising the tories? Probably wouldn't waste his time on lost causes.

It's all good slapstick custard pie (and inappropriate) stuff as the country goes more and more to the dogs - what else it's Parliament and it's the LibLabCon.

I think that was Osbournes idea, but it ended up with Mickey Mouse, in V for Vendetta Guido Fawkes mode (could it be this summers t-shirt ?), sticking 'LibLabConKip' politics, or at the very least Gidiotic complacency the finger.