House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Euro 2016: Terror Threat Could See Games Behind Closed Doors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35702455

Euro 2016 matches could be played behind closed doors in the event of a terror alert at this summer's finals.

European football's governing body Uefa is drawing up anti-terror contingency plans for the event in France.

The move follows November's Paris attacks, which included attempts to detonate explosives at the Stade de France during a France v Germany game.

"If there is a security issue, we would need to play the match without fans," tournament director Martin Kallen said.

Moving matches to different venues is another option being considered.

"It's possible that matches would be postponed or played later," Kallen added. "But today there are no signs of any extreme threats or alarming issues."

The international friendly between France and Germany at the Stade de France was one of several targets in the 13 November attacks, although suicide bombers were thwarted in their attempts to get into the stadium.

The future of international football all played behind closed doors?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35702455

The future of international football all played behind closed doors?

They have to consider the affect such a ban will have on the Brexit vote. Which is worse - playing the games behind closed doors and admitting that Europe is no longer safe? Or risking it and potentially seeing a massacre?

I am 99% certain I know which TPTB will choose - keep the stadiums open.

Can they play it behind closed doors with no TV coverage? That would be my ideal football game - where it effectively no longer exists.

Can they play it behind closed doors with no TV coverage? That would be my ideal football game - where it effectively no longer exists.

:D

ditto

Greeks liked nude sport.

in true euro-politician style..they will replace fans with cardboard cut-outs, and then play a pre-recorded football stadium "roar" of fans over the PA.

with some bloke doing the occasional goal frenzy with the aid of a sampler.

It's got to go ahead for the fans, they are relying on the "Euro Feelgood factor" for the referendum.

Come to think of it Osborne better be pretty coy with the budget spending cuts too.

Schrödinger's match.

they already banned booing the kickers in rugby...they call it respect...next it will be being offended by your team scoring a goal and cheering..think of the other fans feelings...nobody can lose in todays PC World.

in true euro-politician style..they will replace fans with cardboard cut-outs, and then play a pre-recorded football stadium "roar" of fans over the PA.

with some bloke doing the occasional goal frenzy with the aid of a sampler.

Might as well. They do that already in the premiership.

Take it away from France and hold it somewhere without the EU's laissez faire approach to security and border controls.

Russia maybe.

Take it away from France and hold it somewhere without the EU's laissez faire approach to security and border controls.

Russia maybe.

Yep. They need to play it in a country with some balls. :unsure:

Guest eight

Nah, it'll be ok. It's a well known fact that Muslims are afraid of all ball sports.

The Premier League's best player is a Muslim.

It will go off with a bang.

Insane. Where do these people come from, the year -20,000 bc? I don't think even Mo was this ******** about his religion.

Meanwhile in the real world.

Why are we putting up with these religious retards and their petty idiotic demands?

New ground breaking cancer treatment. Shit have not heard that 100,000 time before every time a grant is up.

How many people have ever been properly cured of cancer by modern medicine? About as many that have not bothered with treatment and got better by eating better and exercising i would suggest. Because applicaton of the latter is probably actually what saved them anyway.

Medicine has no idea about cancer. Watching them scrabble around with ever more expensive and overly complicated invasive and dangerous techniques is like watching F1 implode with stupid qualifying regulations. Making money off the back of a sinking paradigm.